"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 73 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (148 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (199 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (181 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (481 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (317 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Mercedes 300 SL gullwing replica/KIt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 14
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  5:19:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure how to catorgorize it but is by far the most popular thread. It is surprising in that it is probably the rarest of kits in purely the kit build it your self form but draws the most interest as evidenced by the thread page count. If I learn a little bit everyday about the build it helps me and besides another post count....

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  8:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm convinced that posting a picture on this site or on kitcarguys site involves getting a PHD in computer 101. f#@#ing impossible!!!!!! if somebody could tell me step by step what is involved or if it is just not possible for me , or that it is top secret , and i'm not supposed to know??? i have very nice pics to share and i'm willing to show everyone, but i am not able to, and i don't want to rely on kitcarguy, not that he won't do it , but if someone would show us how , we could shine a whole new light on this subject.... it would open a new world of doors, lol!!!

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  9:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just emailed you

www.kitcar.wsGo to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  9:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j112/krazeyonegullwing/300sl22.jpg[/IMG]

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  9:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is so impressive, at least to me is that you make these parts. The difficulty in building a gullwing, not having tons of money is to be able to make these parts. Hats off! What are the curved handles? Not the door handles....

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  10:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  10:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  10:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a good question about those handles jay???? first person to get it correct gets a prize, or if you figgure it out, you must have had to own a real car, or know bout yer gullwings

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  11:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dad had one and I was in one last year....let me think??

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  11:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, the only thing I can think of is a hood or trunk release or the Gullwing had some special vents or similar. Handles for them?

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 14 2006 :  11:34:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok my picture library shows more like T handles for the releases, the only other parts they could be for is the seat release, nice job on the seats. Getting the trim around the seat frame is period correct.

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 15 2006 :  01:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the only thing I am getting is a higher post count. Looked at seat levers and they have a knob. It looks like a lever of some sort? The handles go on the doors and dash but that is easy. Still trying to figure out those levers???

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - May 15 2006 :  06:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn I go to sleep for 7 hours, come back and your posting pics.... damn my work is done here....lol

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 15 2006 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sleep, who has time for sleep with the meaning of life hanging on a thread. "What are those d*** levers? Look to big for the wind wing vents....

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 15 2006 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man, i can't lie to ya! they aren't for a gullwing, but thet are mercedes. they are for a 190 sl, for the hardtop. i didn't mean for u to go bizzurk over it, lol!

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 15 2006 :  6:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was almost goint to say for a roadster but did'nt think you built those, soft top latch. Nice aluminum work. I will at least try to make some of the parts now. Thanks again for posting pics.

Go to Top of Page

Crotty

USA
44 Posts
Posted - May 18 2006 :  3:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case anybody is feeling particularly brave, here's a Gullwing kit listed on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-300SL-Gullwing-Replica-85-assembled_W0QQitemZ4640413719QQcategoryZ6330QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - May 19 2006 :  4:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like the weather is going to be bad for carlisle , but car still needs another 2 weeks, so it really doesn't matter. we'll see what shows are in the future. does anybody know of any kit shows in north east?

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - May 19 2006 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about some pictures when you get it done....

Go to Top of Page

enzo

Chile
40 Posts
Posted - June 04 2006 :  12:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody, i´ve been out for a while, very busy in deed but fully on my gullwing project. I must say after all this time there´s a lot of good stuff in this forum, great pictures, Krazyone, you´re not a bit crazy.
By the moment I can´t put any picture since a few weeks ago i ended my studies about the project and from that time till now i´ve put things together in order to start chassis, and everything that goes with it.
Manfred i can say you are quite pro and experienced, sorry it´s so difficult to make people aknowledge it. Saw your past reply on me saying why not to purchase a kit, perhaps i should, but is there any reliable enterprise where i can buy one? By the other hand making good quality pieces is not a problem to me since as you posted "Capital investment is NOT a problem for us". We should get in contact.
Enzo

EnzoGo to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - June 04 2006 :  1:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread was going good then it just died. Any new updates anyone?

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - June 04 2006 :  9:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my new updates are as follows, just a few hours of bodywork left. the last bit just seems to drag on, than wetsanding, paint and it's ready to rock and roll. i will post pics when it is in paint. probibly by end of month, maybe sooner, depending on how motivated i am

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - June 04 2006 :  10:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here but way behind. I am doing body work and than pin hole sand and prime. Still need to make a lot of parts...Interesting to see what manfred comes up with as far as parts are concerned and if they are affordable. I spent quite a bit of time looking for Tony's parts sources and could only find the glass. I had heard that he bought most of them NOS. With the price increases since than it would be really expensive to build a car that way now.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - June 08 2006 :  10:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/amcagreg/GWgullwing.jpg][/URL]

Since everyone is posting pictures. I thought I would post an old picture of my kit. I have done a bunch more to it but the outside still hasn't changed terribly much.

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - June 11 2006 :  5:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these are some pics of freshly painted car. doors hood and trunk will be painted later this week

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - June 11 2006 :  5:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
more pics

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - June 11 2006 :  5:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
last pic

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - June 11 2006 :  5:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice. What color is that?

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - June 11 2006 :  10:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there isn't really a name for the color. i mixed it up to what i liked, and sprayed it. it's a hunter green metalic flake kinda color, or something like that, LOL! it didn't matter what the color looked like just that it has a smooth finish on it so that it could be waxed for the mold making process.

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - June 12 2006 :  07:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well when im a little older (31 now) Maybe I will buy one from you. Im still not ready to drive something like that. I love it though...lol

But I want that color..hahah

Topic is 14 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000