"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 185 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (148 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (199 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (181 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (481 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (317 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Mercedes 300 SL gullwing replica/KIt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 14
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dan2

54 Posts
Posted - March 10 2014 :  12:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drove the car and the trans wrks great.It is a world class.Better shift gate than the Muncie.I should have done this a long time ago

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - May 28 2014 :  11:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

starting to fit the engine in the new frame. Still have to fabricate the motor mounts but all happening!

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - June 01 2014 :  2:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/amcagreg/media/IMG_0598.jpg.html][/URL]

Go to Top of Page

Ludek

Czech Republic
25 Posts
Posted - August 02 2015 :  12:55:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends,
2 weeks ago i found some guy who make body kits for GULLWING. He sell it for 6500 USD and i would like start building. Do you have anybody some documents of chassis and more info or some e-shop for glasses?

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - September 25 2015 :  5:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
helloGo to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - September 26 2015 :  06:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey Crazyone. What have you been up to?Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - October 26 2015 :  10:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
" target="_blank">[URL=http://s73.photobucket.com/user/amcagreg/media/j_1200.jpg.html]Go to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - July 19 2016 :  5:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - July 19 2016 :  5:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

finishing up the side windows and vent windows. It has become clear why no one puts replica Mercedes 300SL windows in their replica. It is just hard work. Next step; send to platers to make them beautiful.Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - December 23 2016 :  04:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been a while since I was on here. Saw a kit car 300 SL Gullwing for sale on ebay. It was on a SLK chassis, looked ok, but could have been done better. Why would you leave those wheels on it? Anyway, he wants way too much money for a rebodied SLK. Should have taken the 90k and ran! I'm at it again, went to California and took Quints last body from his molds, and drove them back to Connecticut. Been working diligently to make a perfect plug, almost done! I have many pics, but putting pics on this forum are impossable. Why can't there be a button to just upload a pic?Go to Top of Page
jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - January 06 2017 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back crazyone, been a while for all of us...Go to Top of Page
dan2

54 Posts
Posted - January 28 2017 :  3:26:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting ready to take off the TBI and install a TPIGo to Top of Page
dan2

54 Posts
Posted - January 29 2017 :  08:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot how to upload pic from photobucket.can anybody help me outGo to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 29 2017 :  11:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of pictures that I would like to show, but you shouldn't have to go to photo bucket to post a pick, it's a very stupid way of doing it, kinda 2002ish?Go to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - January 29 2017 :  11:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep trying guys. It is more difficult than it needs to be to post pictures on this site. Having said that I would love to see what you guys are up to.
Go to Top of Page
Admin

USA
206 Posts
Posted - January 30 2017 :  1:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because of potential viruses etc... we do not allow uploading of pictures within the forum section...

HOWEVER... that should not be a problem.

You can simply host your pictures elsewhere and include them in your post.

What you have to do is have the picture hosted elsewhere.... such as photobucket.com
They offer a free account. You upload your pictures to them.... and it will assign each picture a link.

Then in the forum posting.... you simply include that link between 2 image tags like this:

[..img] PICTURE LINK... generally http://www.photobucket.com/...... [../img]

[..img] = that starts an image. (known as an image tag)
[../img] = that ends an image. (/ closes the image tag)

REMOVE THE ".." in those tags.. we had to put .. to trick the system otherwise it would have thought we were including an image in this example.

The link between those tags is the location of your picture (in this example its a photobucket hosted image).

We hope that helps?Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/krazeyonegullwing/media/20170128_135704_1.jpg.html][/URLGo to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/krazeyonegullwing/media/20170128_135638.jpg.html][/URL]Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/krazeyonegullwing/media/20170114_143944.jpg.html][/URL]Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/krazeyonegullwing/media/20170114_143929.jpg.html][/URL]Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s78.photobucket.com/user/krazeyonegullwing/media/20161221_212817.jpg.html][/URL]Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - January 31 2017 :  6:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, that was painfully! I think if you click on that link highlighted in blue above the pic, it will take you to my photobuc kettle account and you can see all the pics, I think?Go to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 01 2017 :  11:39:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The body looks great. I like that you put a flange on the lower edge to make a removable lower piece. What are your plans for this body? Are you going to be building these and selling them? (how much?) or are you building a finished car?Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - February 01 2017 :  12:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flange you see is how Mercedes made the car. The lower rocker panel is removable. When you remove the chrome strip, it reveals the bolts to remove the lower panel. The lower rockers will be molded seporately. Figured I would do the hardest part first. The doors, hood and trunk are already fitted to body with the proper 3/16gap. That's the reason for the structural skeleton under the plug, that's where it HAS to stay until the body molds are done. Ad far as selling a body, that's a scary proposition, than all the hard work is done for somebody to make their own molds and sell them for half price and I'm sucking wind. Not gonna happen. Looking into building 1 or 2 complete running and driving replica Gullwing a yearGo to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 11 2017 :  2:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I know the admin tries to make this seem so simple but every time I try to post a picture on this site I have to relearn the system.
I clicked on the 6th icon (the photo) then I get two IMG markers.
I go to photo bucket and copy the IMG file. I then paste it between the two IMG markers. Still nothing. What a pain.Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 11 2017 :  2:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - February 13 2017 :  06:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for the people that make you go on photobucket to put pictures on here because you dont want any viruses, I want to personally thank you, now every time I go on photobucket on my cell phone I get the you have 30 seconds to "click ok" before your phone self destructs!!!!!THANKS!!Go to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 13 2017 :  12:36:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

okay, I think I finally got this figured out. This is the frame I am working on. Going back tomorrow to work on it. Will have front suspension from Heidt based on Mustang II. The rear IRS is based on Thunderbird SuperCoupe. I substituted 13" Granada front rotors and larger Chevy calipers. In the rear I used the gears and Trak-Lok from the TSC but put it in the aluminum differential from a Lincoln Mark VII. Then upgraded the axles and rear brakes to the 2003 Cobra.

It's a bummer that the certifier made me re-do the frame however it has given me an opportunity to re-engineer some of the design making some improvements. I imagine though that the frame already had more torsional rigidity than anything that ever competed in Le Mans.Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - February 22 2017 :  4:27:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody. I've decided not to post any more pics here because Photobuckit put some virus in my phone, and I'm not going on that site to download anything. I am making "terrible videos" as my daughter calls them, on my process of making a set of molds for the gullwing. It's better than photos, and I will update often. They are on that you tube site under 300 sl gullwing replica. Make it your favorite, I would put a link on here, but I would have to get another degree in computersGo to Top of Page
gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 23 2017 :  02:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Taking my 2nd frame to the recyclers. It seems so sad. A lot of work went into it. A lot learned so #3 will be so much better. We hope to test fit the body tomorrow.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 14 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000