"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 77 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (154 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (205 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (185 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (485 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (319 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Mercedes 300 SL gullwing replica/KIt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 14
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 20 2004 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everybody,

My brother John and I recently purchased a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing replica business from Hermann Quint. As you may know, Hermann built a first-generation replica from an original Mercedes 300SL and built 30 cars in the late 70's / early 80's. We plan to create these cars with the same enthusiasm and commitment to quality that were Hermann's trademarks. He will also be helping us build the first cars.

We are in the process of "ramping up", but we put together a quick website to get started: www.m-wingmotors.com. Please send any questions to info@m-wingmotors.com. We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Matt Mazza
matt@m-wingmotors.com

Go to Top of Page

QKracha

90 Posts
Posted - October 20 2004 :  1:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Matt,
your link dosn´t work. :(
Regards.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 20 2004 :  2:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Proper links below!

Sorry about that - I left a trailing "." at the end of the links.

Web site:
www.m-wingmotors.com

Info
info@m-wingmotors.com

Thanks
- Matt

Go to Top of Page

QKracha

90 Posts
Posted - October 21 2004 :  12:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works now!.
Show us your progress soon!
Regards.

Go to Top of Page

nicolas

44 Posts
Posted - October 21 2004 :  11:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you build also the roadster?

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 22 2004 :  11:54:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Nicolas,

There are currently no plans to build the roadster, but we may consider it in the future. Thanks for your interest!

- Matt

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - October 23 2004 :  08:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone interested in pictures of my Thoroughbred Coach Builders 300SL gullwing please E-mail me. I can send them now. Several peope had but I lost their E-mail addresses.

palmyraer@earthlink.net

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - October 23 2004 :  2:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will you be offering kits, completed cars, parts or all?

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 25 2004 :  12:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Jay,

We will eventually be offering components as well as turnkey cars. Thanks.

- Matt

Go to Top of Page

james

52 Posts
Posted - November 09 2004 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

this is james from germany, i hope i can help you.
there is a company who just sells the 300 sl roadster.
donor car is an mercedes slk.

http://www.classic-car-scheib.de/300slundfluegel.html

www.classic-car-scheib.de/bilder/bau300sl3_small.jpg" border=0>

oh, i almost forgot, i know another guy who sells the body of the 300 sl gullwing he is asking ca. 8.000 €uros. to bad he doesn´t have a webpage.

bye james.

Go to Top of Page

nicolas

44 Posts
Posted - November 19 2004 :  8:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here an other replica of the gullwing made in spain.

http://www.bolsaclasicos.com/ventana_imagen.asp?IdFicha=41

this is an extreme gullwing replica

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - November 23 2004 :  09:22:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

We have posted more detailed photos of the M-Wing Motors gullwing replica. Please check this link:

http://www.m-wingmotors.com/photos.htm

If you have any questions, please send to

info@m-wingmotors.com

Thanks.

- Matt and John Mazza

Go to Top of Page

seagull

USA
37 Posts
Posted - December 02 2004 :  6:48:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If you are looking for Mercedes 300SL parts and accessories
check out Kienle Automobiltechnik in Germany. They specialize
in Mercedes parts and restoration.

There website is: www.kienle.com

Go to Top of Page

Mario Sueiras M

Guatemala
37 Posts
Posted - December 03 2004 :  12:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have talked to John Mazza from Wingmotors for a Gullwing replica
I think I am going to trust the 2 brothers to built me a car,I have the impresion they want to star good.

Mario

Mario SueirasGo to Top of Page

james

52 Posts
Posted - December 03 2004 :  3:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

if you need some parts for your 300 sl, just have a look at
www.niemoeller.de
the make almost everything for the 300 sl and other MB classics.

@seagull: i thought that keinle does only restoration, anyhow niemoeller is here in germany the common spareparts seller.

bye james.

Go to Top of Page

marc f.

USA
37 Posts
Posted - December 03 2004 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

i am only replying to this subject cuz i couldn't find the right one, and it gets the most hits. so, my questions is does anyone know if somewhere there is a company that manufactures either production of specialty cars of the 1995 ford gt90 concept or the 1996 ford indigo concept. thank you

Go to Top of Page

mikedellavalle

USA
37 Posts
Posted - June 02 2005 :  8:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen Hermann Quint's Gullwings and they are the finest made. If you are looking to purchase a Gullwing, you should go to this guy. His work is unbelievable.Go to Top of Page
james

52 Posts
Posted - July 02 2005 :  08:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

can somebody tell me, if there is a company who makes repro/replica parts for the 300sl Gullwing?

bye James.

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - July 04 2005 :  10:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are several but all are very expensive! There are also a couple of 190 parts places , but only a few of the parts will work. Ebay also but none are cheap! Write if you find affordable parts!

http://www.niemoeller.de/
http://www.starclassics.com/

Go to Top of Page

cmcompto

46 Posts
Posted - October 02 2005 :  09:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody,

Sorry for the reply to the older thread, but I can't seem to find a current thread on this topic. Any who, I have been searching for a 300sl gullwing Mercedes kit... I know of a pretty nice one from Lonestar Classics here in the Dallas area (where I live), but it is a roadster. I saw the thread from the m-wingmotors.com guys, but it seems a little strange that they don't have a phone number on their page.

So I guess I have two questions, are they legit, and has anyone purchased from them

Thanks!!
Clint

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - October 02 2005 :  11:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that the Mazza Brothers are only selling complete cars. The only kit for the Gullwing is still just Throughbred Coach Builders. There are three of us with them now that are building the kit. Myself, Gullwing, and James. Gullwing would be good to contact for info, James is just getting his kit.

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 03 2005 :  08:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Everybody,

This is Matt Mazza from M-Wing Motors. Just wanted to let you know that we are indeed legit. We are currently in the process of refining the body and tube chassis and will have a body on chassis in a few months. We have made several changes in our build strategy in the past few months, including:

- Changing from Corvette-based (shortened C3) chassis to tube chassis (original 300SL specs with modifications: new drivetrain and additional upper structure to support pillars & door hinge assemblies, etc.)
- Change from Corvette C3 to C5 suspension,
- Change from small block Chevy to LS1 motor & modern transmission

Our website is therefore slightly out-of-date but we will be updating it soon. FYI, our production facility is outside of Philadelphia in Kutztown, Pennsylvania. Also, we are currently focusing on turkey cars but expect to offer kits in the future (difficult to predict exact timeframe at this time.)

Thanks for your interest and feel free to E-mail directly with any specific questions.

Sincerely,
Matt Mazza
M-Wing Motors
matt@m-wingmotors.com

Go to Top of Page

cmcompto

46 Posts
Posted - October 03 2005 :  10:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Matt...I'll keep an eye open...for the next one.

Hey Jaysherman, thanks for the info, I am just a little nervous about the negative comments in the forums that I have read about TB.

Do you or Gullwing have any picts of your kits/work so far? and James, I'd be really interested in hearing about your experience with a long distance purchase from TB since (I think you said that) you are from Germany. TB seems to have more bad coments than good ones, I don't know them at all so I just need to go by what I read.

Thanks all!!
CM

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - October 03 2005 :  11:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in Northern California and picked up my kit from a second party. Greg would be good to talk to and is in Georgia. James should get his kit anyday and is also back east. Email me at jaysherman54@hotmail.com and I will forward your info on to Greg. You can call me as well if you want. I have some pictures of the kit that I will email you. I am still gathering parts and doing body work. Greg is pretty far along and has solved a lot of the problems. Building the kit would be easier if you could just buy all the other parts needed but that is VERY expensive! The parts are available, just $$$.

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - October 03 2005 :  11:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Correction: Jerry not James....

Go to Top of Page

cmcompto

46 Posts
Posted - October 04 2005 :  5:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello,

We have posted more detailed photos of the M-Wing Motors gullwing replica. Please check this link:

http://www.m-wingmotors.com/photos.htm

If you have any questions, please send to

info@m-wingmotors.com

Thanks.

- Matt and John Mazza

Hi All:

Just following up on this thread; if this is a new vehicle why does the odometer appear to read 79,154 miles/Km (enlarged it in Photoshop to see more clearly)? Not saying anyone is a scammer but the pictures aren't really doing it for me yet...

What would be more convincing are more picts of a car in multiple phases of production/completion...all we see are a couple of shells in one pic, chssis picts and 300SLs in anothers...so when you update your site, those kind of pictures would be great.

Keep the info coming Matt.

CM

Go to Top of Page

cmcompto

46 Posts
Posted - October 04 2005 :  5:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Matt:

Sorry for being the hard a** but I have read so many stories of people being burned and there are too many operations that came and went in VERY short while, so I am just being verrrrrrry cautious (did I say very yet?).

Thanks for taking the beating; keep the info coming and the more pictures, info, videoed testimonials , the better.

cm

Go to Top of Page

Matt_Mazza

47 Posts
Posted - October 04 2005 :  7:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello CM,

No problem - we are well aware of the scammers out there and we are taking our time to do this right. We will definitely have more pictures to show of the work in progress.

Some background on the photos currently on the site: these are cars built by Hermann Quint. We purchased the business from Hermann and have been building the car from his design, using the molds and plans we purchased. We have also been making some modifications along the way, which I mentioned in my previous posting.

Stay tuned and thanks for the questions. We are glad to hear from you.

- Matt

Go to Top of Page

cmcompto

46 Posts
Posted - October 04 2005 :  9:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool Matt...

I'll have both eyes and ears open.

CM

Go to Top of Page

johnm

USA
46 Posts
Posted - October 05 2005 :  5:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, this is John Mazza. As Matt said, we have been going through some changes on the body and chassis. I can understand the cautious optimism approach, as I would do the same thing. Sure, we thought we'd be farther along by now...but we decided that making the investment in dollars and time now will make the product better immediately. Our focus is on quality. We'll post some progress pictures of the new body and the chassis construction real soon. Thanks for keeping the pressure on, we know there are a lot of people waiting to see our finished product.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 14 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000