"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 8 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (133 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (185 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (169 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (464 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (302 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Mercedes 300 SL gullwing replica/KIt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 14
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - January 09 2007 :  7:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear of your loss. Keep us posted about the Gullwing and pictures are always appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - February 06 2007 :  07:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that the first of the two Speedster Gullwing replicas is for sale on E-bay. Buy it now for $125,000. While neither a kit nor a replica it is a nice re-creation.

Go to Top of Page

Crotty

USA
44 Posts
Posted - February 06 2007 :  10:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$125K is steep for a car that isn't accurate, and unexpected given the quality and high-level of accuracy of their Auburn Speedsters.

Here's another company getting into the business. Not sure how far along they are as it looks as if they've only built a 300SL roadster and an SLR. Their prices are significant, but it's a good concept if the end result is as accurate as it appears to be.

www.franckfactum.com

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - February 13 2007 :  8:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody know what happened to the Gullwing replica for sale on Ebay?

Go to Top of Page

mercman

United Kingdom
37 Posts
Posted - March 01 2007 :  2:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the ebay merc is still their nothing happened auction went to 75k by me and stopped, tried to buy a kit for europe, as we need it with merc engine as american engines r not practicle for europe. and looking for V6 n V8 versions.

we have financal backing and distribution contact and knowhow to sell these and SLR just looking to hooking with the right partner and gullwing.ch offering seems the best so far.

the guy selling buy the way claims he owns the manufacturer which too was fishy and did not think he was quite truthful

mercs r real collectors dreamGo to Top of Page

1964Roddedspit

37 Posts
Posted - March 17 2007 :  06:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend of mine selling a replica 300 slr that has had the fiberglass body tweaked to make it more authentic looking. It looks like it needs a bit of work but I bet it could be picked up for around 10k, it has engine trans suspension etc all in place. If you want any more info I can see what I can find out.

Go to Top of Page

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - March 20 2007 :  10:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching the Gullwing replica and it disappeared from my watch list twice. Not sure why ebay or the seller removed it.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - March 24 2007 :  8:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I guess I need to get my grill plated and put it in place.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - March 24 2007 :  9:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

not exactly a Merc motor but its kit car so I can put anything I want under the hood!

Go to Top of Page

Bat Masterson

Mexico
38 Posts
Posted - May 05 2007 :  2:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello 300sl lovers

I live in sunny acapulco,mexico i've been here for about 8 years and have built the odd kit car. a couple of months ago i picked up a nice looking 1955 190SL. What i want to do is to fabricate the doors, the roof, etc and connect it to the roadster. There are other fibreglass modifications that i need to make to do a good job, that isn't a problem here, lots of talent in that area.
What i need is the hardwear, door handles, latches. I read through this entire string (took 3 hours, mexican time) and Krazeone had fabricated what i need, if he is still around maybe he would be so kind as to reply, or anyone else for that matter. Thanks for your help. I really enjoyed this string, I miss kit car people like myself. I have lots of good times here in mexico, women, weather, my boat and so on. But they don't know jack about kit cars here.Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - May 26 2007 :  4:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I got a picture of the back of the car. I can at least see the end in sight.

Go to Top of Page

james

52 Posts
Posted - May 29 2007 :  04:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

what happend to the Mazza brothers (m-wingmotors.com)?
Are they still working on the Gullwing?

Bye.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - May 29 2007 :  7:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The prevailing thought is that the Mazzas have run out of money prior to completing their two cars. The projected down payments for cars never materialized. The two cars are too incomplete in their current state to sell and recoup enough of their investment. Hopefully some white knight investers will come to their rescue.
On a positive note though Gil Longnecker of Thoroughbred Motors has just built 4 more kits. One of the buyers stopped buy today and all I can say is that the quality was first rate. Improvments were made throughout. Also he has a turnkey all but completed as well. He is having steel front bumpers made and chromed. I believe that the steel front bumpers seen on the current batch up Speedster Gullwing were bought from Gil. The steel rear ones are early VW (suggested by me). Although he left off the overiders, which honestly I think adds a bit

Go to Top of Page

johnm

USA
46 Posts
Posted - May 30 2007 :  06:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All, we have tried to stay out of the "fray" and go about finishing the first car. As we have tried to say all along we are working on creating a world class recreation and have put much blood, sweat, and maybe a tear or two along the way. No, we are not ready yet. Yes, we have been stalled over the last 2 years due to financial constraints. However, we believe we are in the home stretch and will have something soon enough. We are being very cautious of timelines as they have come and gone in the past. We are looking forward to introducing the next generation of Mr. Quint's great recreation.

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - May 30 2007 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets get some more photos.

www.kitcar.wsGo to Top of Page

Speedster Motorcars

USA
47 Posts
Posted - June 29 2007 :  10:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a new original Gullwing windshield for sale. It was manufactured by Pilkington. If anyone is interested please email me at www.speedstermotorcar.com

Ron Clark
Production Foreman
Speedster Motorcars
10990 49th St. N.
Clearwater, FL 33762Go to Top of Page

Speedster Motorcars

USA
47 Posts
Posted - July 11 2007 :  04:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use bumpers manufactured by Nathan's company. The bumpers are beautiful and well made. Nathan and his employees are a pleasure to do business with and I highly recomend them.

Ron Clark
Production Foreman
Speedster Motorcars
10990 49th St. N.

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - July 11 2007 :  4:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent an email about the grill and rear bumper, good to hear about the quality.

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - July 23 2007 :  5:21:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kudos to the speedster motorcars, nice covershot and centerfold in kit car magazine. what did you do to the front windshield? it looks different? it doesn't curve around on the ends. more flat? are those vw headlight rings? they look good. keep up the good work!

Go to Top of Page

Speedster Motorcars

USA
47 Posts
Posted - July 25 2007 :  04:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Krazyone, thanks for the compliments. We raised the height of the windshield to accomodate taller drivers. As you probably know, anyone over 5'10" tall had limited ability to see stop lights in an original car. Our goal was to produce an iminately drivable "modern" replica of the original car and not a "recreation". The headlight trim rings are a reproduction, though not VW. I am curious about something you may or may not be aware of. A "replica" company based in Mexico is using your photos, and ours, to advertise his "product". He does NOT have our permission to use the photos. If he truely has a "kit", why doesn't he use his own photos?

Ron Clark
Production Foreman
Speedster Motorcars
10990 49th St. N.

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - July 25 2007 :  5:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can't find what mexico based company your talkin about? i googled "mexico kit replica mercedes gullwing", and no luck. just curious. thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Speedster Motorcars

USA
47 Posts
Posted - July 26 2007 :  04:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try mercedesreplica.com Their ad is being carried on a number of other sites as well.

Ron Clark
Production Foreman
Speedster Motorcars
10990 49th St. N.

jaysherman

139 Posts
Posted - July 26 2007 :  04:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They will ship you the kit UPS, that should be interesting! Looks like they even have Greg's car.

Go to Top of Page

Speedster Motorcars

USA
47 Posts
Posted - July 26 2007 :  2:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The company in Mexico responded to my request and has now removed our photos from their ads. I thank them for that. It is not our intention to be "hard nosed" in this, but we have a lot of money vested in our company. Photographs of our cars are a selling tool for us. We will not allow their use without permission.

Ron Clark
Production Foreman
Speedster Motorcars
10990 49th St. N.

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - July 27 2007 :  12:14:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think that place in mexico is a big scam! sounds fishey, and all thier photos are of real cars, or someones photos they stole like mine from this forum.

Go to Top of Page

gullwing

New Zealand
150 Posts
Posted - July 28 2007 :  7:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like Bat Masterson and a bunch of Mexicans have a grand desire to build a company that produces fiberglass parts that can make the bare minimum of an incomplete kit. Obviously they do not have a product yet or they would not be borrowing pictures of Herman's car, my car and a Ron Clarke replica. It certainly doesn't add to their credibility that they have a web site built before they have built anything worth photographing. I for one would be more impressed if I saw a building, a mold and a half dozen doors or bodies then a disclaimer stating where they were in production.

Go to Top of Page

krazeyone

USA
102 Posts
Posted - July 28 2007 :  8:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i doubt that they even have any fiberglass parts, sounds like he's collecting money from people in usa and canada, and i bet there is some unhappy customers of his out there. you should read his disclaimers. he wants 50% up front. what are ya gonna do take a vacation to mexico and get your money back, or have your lawyer send him a letter. too funny, but ya kinda have to not feel sory for somebody to fork over 8 - 10 grand for a kit from some no name guy in mexico, and than wonder why they never got back to ya. hey, if i'm wrong i will be the first one to eat my own words. but i did a google search on bat masterson, and the only thing i can come up with is some crazy dude from the wild west, go figgure! lol! looks to me like a monkey in a wood pile! ....... well bat masterson you posted on here before and you claim to read this forum , so proove me wrong!!!!
and speedster motors, the photos are still on
Go to Top of Page
willienew

New Zealand
38 Posts
Posted - July 31 2007 :  05:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am the guy who ran Tonys operation in Gardena and then the company in the island of Jersey.It will be back in operation but as yet is being developed further to cater for European adherence to emission and other registration requirements.All the components will be again available and some will be manufactured in New Zealand as well as Germany.The factory will be in Germany but as yet, production has not begun.There may be a wider option of motors and trans also for those who wish it to move faster!
Will keep all who are interested posted on this.

Go to Top of Page

willienew

New Zealand
38 Posts
Posted - July 31 2007 :  05:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....and I didnt read back further about the info that Manfred had listed so obviously it is old news, sorry!

Go to Top of Page

Frans

Netherlands
37 Posts
Posted - August 19 2007 :  1:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a Gullwing kit/parts supplier in the area of The Netherlands (Belgium-Germany-UK)
I have send email to Matt MAZZ, a Mexican/Spanish and a few other company's but no responce at all.
Are these guys for real??

two years ago i was in Germany (Essen Messe) and the Gullwing i have seen there was a replica but based on a VW Beetle chassis.... (Huh) no way!!!!

So if anyone can help me with some usefull tips or better some adress information.

Thanks

Frans van Aalst

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 14 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page