"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 67 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (147 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (198 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (179 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (480 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (315 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Wraith Car / Dodge M4S copy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - November 23 2010 :  2:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edited: PM me if you want details
escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - February 10 2011 :  06:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see that the thread was getting a lot of hits, before i edited it, but perhaps i'm not in the right place. So if i'm posting this material in the wrong section, someone please let me know.

For anyone that may not have caught the original message, I'm working with the owner of one of the original prop cars used in the 80's cult hit, The Wraith. He has the body setup of one of the original Turbo Interceptors. He's been restoring it for the last 8 years or so and restoration is nearly complete.

After the restoration, plans were to make a kit due to the demand we were getting. The owner has accurate molds made and a few bodies had been produced, but he doesn't have the time to run the kits while juggling his business, family, and other projects he's commited to. Now the Wraith is sitting idle and a lot of people are getting anxious. Including me. I'm wanting to find a way to help push the process.

There had been past topics on this site about a Wraith kit. Are there still people out there that would be interested in such a project? I'm trying to gather some comments or suggestions from kit builders, and anyone else interested, to help generate some new ideas to get kits started sooner than later.

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - March 16 2011 :  06:46:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no doubt you would have some takers. This car has always been a hot topic in the kit car world. a few keys things to consider though

- Should be built on a readily available chassis, or have well laid out plans on how to build the chassis.
- Should have well laid out build instructions
- Should use as many off the shelf parts as possible (windshield, rear window, etc)

The number one thing should be DO NOT get over your head. Meaning if all you can produce is a complete kit a month, only take an order for a kit a month. Make sure everything that is promised is delivered.

I would be glad to help you out here in Florida however I can to get the ball rolling.

Go to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - March 17 2011 :  05:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Much appreciated, thanks for the feedback. I was beginning to think that either the board was dead, or people simply weren't interested. lol

We're still technically in a holding pattern on this kit, it's been an ongoing process for the last few years now. The owner of the car (Lyle) wanted to put kits out as soon as the restoration of the movie prop was complete. Then he decided to take a time out to spend some more time with family and to help run the family business. Now he wants to take his first trial bodies and make a street legal copy of the Wraith before putting the kits out there. (The prop car is strictly show car)

He's got enough going on with family life and his business that he's not able to fully juggle the program. But the molds are made and a few bodies have already been pulled. We're working to partner up with someone in the kit world who can help get this going, but there is still a lot to do.

And I'm anxious! I've been wanting one of these since i was 9. I don't even have a garage, and i've never worked with a kit, but i'm determined to have a build soon. :)

Go to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - June 29 2011 :  12:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are clearing a major hurdle this summer. We have a contract with a local fiberglass worker to make our first sets of bodies for the kits. Material is ordered and production will start in a matter of weeks. Very exciting!

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - June 29 2011 :  12:48:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has any price been discussed ?

www.vwkitcars.comGo to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - July 01 2011 :  06:31:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Has any price been discussed ?

www.vwkitcars.com

The owner is still crunching some numbers while all of the material comes in. He has a thought of the price range. Once we have the first sets made and ready, then he will release a price.

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - July 04 2011 :  06:20:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will it be for a certain donor or tub chassis?

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - July 05 2011 :  06:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our best option, at this time, is a stretched Fiero chassis, whis should cut costs significantly for kit builders. The wheel-base of the car is 99.1 inches. There is a kit car chassis builder who has been following our restoration for quite a while. He's interested in building a custom chassis for the kits, but we simply don't have the funds to invest in the prototypes. We're still going to keep him in mind for anyone who wants to proceed with a custom chassis. They need only to give him access to the kit body for extensive measurements and then production can start.

Go to Top of Page

jorjastandish

USA
37 Posts
Posted - July 26 2011 :  7:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NICE CAR!:D

Jorja StandishGo to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - August 15 2011 :  07:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We decided to take the car for a walk this weekend, since the weather was finally out of the tripple digits. Since this is one of the screen used movie props, we didn't restore it to street legal specs. People on youtube have been clawing at us for a drive by video, so we decided to take it for a spin around the parking lot. You can see that the lot was a bit rough, so we decided to go slow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvgJLkmeI_I

After some time in the car, we decided to talk shop about the kit process. The owner said that he would like to see them go on sale by or before November of this year. The only space he has to make the kits is in a warehouse that's not temperature controled... yet. With the way the heat has been in the midwest, he didn't want to make kits and have problems with them curing in the molds. We'll wait for cooler weather. We still have some business plans and finances to get in order anyway.

I'll try to keep people posted as best i can. We're at least moving in the right direction.

Wes

Go to Top of Page

R.A.D

USA
37 Posts
Posted - November 14 2011 :  7:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are deep into november. whats the word?

Go to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - November 17 2011 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, i wish i had better news about it. I fully expected that i would have more feedback about this process since i went to see Lyle in August. Truth be told, I've only heard from him once since then and i've left several messages trying to get answers. I've been assured that "things are progressing" but the tentative time frame that he's set for November has obviously come and gone.

That's part of the problems about working on this project from another state, i don't have great contact with him and sometimes it can take weeks or months before i get all of the things i need. I'm about to the point where i don't want to make the announcements that he's offering up. I know that sounds aweful, but i don't want to string anything along more than it already has been. Lyle has the molds, he has pulled some trial bodies from them and they're accurate. He has the supplies. Since i've not heard from him, and he's not returning calls, i don't know what's going on at this point. I keep trying, every week. Not sure if he's just not getting the messages, or if he's just THAT busy that he can't get back to me.

For all i know, he may have the first run of kits waiting. I may have to just start sending buyers and people with questions straight to him. I'm sorry, guys and gals. I really am. I'm just as frustrated. I've even suggested that he get a thrid party involved to help the process take off.

I'll keep trying... If you want anymore details, in the meantime, drop me ane-mail. I'll see what i can do. thewraithcar@gmail.com

Wes

Go to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - October 12 2012 :  08:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope that it's not entirely against the rules to resurrect something this old, but i didn't want to burden the forum with something new since it's already here.

Obviously last years news wasn't so promising. I'm hoping to kickstart more discussion on this kit idea and see what everyone has to say about it. The owner of the movie car, Lyle, has realized that there's far more to do and little time to do it. He's talking to an outside source about taking over the project and getting this into the hands of fans who have been seeking it. Jim Klok from Team Shinoda (some boss Mustang fans might know this name) has high interest in the project and is trying to negotiate with us about taking the wheel. His ideas are vast. Lyle's original plan was to simply make a body for a donor car, but Jim wants to build 4-5 different kit packages, including rolling custom chassis' and furn key models with multiple engine and suspension options.

If anyone cares to, please sound off here (again) to give some feedback on what you'd like to see in a kit. Jim will be watching the thread and probably giving feedback along with it.

Thanks again. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. For me, it's been far too long.

Go to Top of Page

thebossman

28 Posts
Posted - October 12 2012 :  5:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please Help me acomplish this so everyone can get their dream car

i would want the kit with this set up

Just body to put on doner car
Body with frame
Body as a roller
Turn Key complete car

Go to Top of Page

thebossman

28 Posts
Posted - October 12 2012 :  5:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Body with frame
Body as a roller
Turn Key complete car

Go to Top of Page

thebossman

28 Posts
Posted - October 12 2012 :  5:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Body with frame
Body as a roller
Turn Key complete carGo to Top of Page

thebossman

28 Posts
Posted - November 04 2012 :  10:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those interested in getting a Body kit .roller or turn key version of the wraith car we are working on aquiring the molds please contact me at cdsperformance@yahoo.com our body kit delivery date will be 1 feb 2013

Go to Top of Page

thebossman

28 Posts
Posted - November 13 2012 :  09:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have gotten access to the wraith 2 molds and i am in the process of working a deal to get the wraith movie car in kansas and molds to build more i also have access to one of the 440 hp 2.2 twin turbo engine to build a clone of the original M4S if anyone is interested Contact me and the email above

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/u***oticsltd/The%20Wraith%20versions%201%20and%202/scan0005.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/u***oticsltd/The%20Wraith%20versions%201%20and%202/Copyofscan0006.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n282/u***oticsltd/The%20Wraith%20versions%201%20and%202/Copyofscan0005.jpg

http://www.thewraithcar.com/phpBB3/download/file.php?

these links show the body shell of the wriath 2 you can goto http://www.thewraithcar.com to see the original Movie car and get info on it

Go to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - August 23 2013 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After numerous delays, it appears that things are finally going to start taking off. As mentioned in previous posts, one of the original movie prop cars wound up in the hands of a gentleman in Kansas. Lyle restored that car and had molds made to produce a kit, but got so busy that he eventually lost interest and scrapped the project.

Several months ago we were approached by a man named James Klok. James posted above as "thebossman". James manages Team Shinoda, which is well known for it's high performance Ford Mustangs. James had talked to Lyle about taking over the project, but they could not come to an agreement on a price for James to buy the car and any existing molds. This, however, didn't stop him.

Since then, James has been using his contacts in the automotive industry to get even deeper into the M4S realm. James' dream wasn't only to get the kits into hands of the movie car fans, he wanted to produce the most accurate kit possible to replicate the Dodge M4S pace car. James contacted key members of the M4S team, including it's designer, Bob Ackerman. He traveled to Detroit and sat down with these gentlemen to discuss his thoughts and to pitch the idea of recreating the M4S body in kit form. After some deliberation, issues over some concerns were met and an agreement was made. Our next step, which we just got permission to do, is to digitally scan the M4S pace car itself to make the most accurate kits available.

This can be an expensive process, which is why we need help. We've just kicked off a fundraising campaign to pay for this scan. It's going to be far cheaper than working with molds associated with the movie car, and will produce a body more accurate to build both M4S replicas, and leave options to build a simpler Turbo Interceptor replica. James and his team of professionals will make NEW molds off this scan and should have production ready around the first of the year. IF we can get things moving soon.

James' plan is to not only make a body kit, but he will also be able to help supply other parts for your build, as well as offer a limited run of bodies over a rolling chassis, and even a turnkey model... There will be a LIMITED RUN OF EVERY KIT OPTION. We'll only be making a specific number of kits available. Each kit will be produced upon payment/deposit and will have it's own serial number. Other parts and accessories will be available through the website as well. Formal pricing is yet to be determined, but will likely come together once the scan of the car is complete and tooling begins on the molds. There will be a few different kits available.

- Body kit to place over a donor vehicle or custom chassis of your choice.
- Body kit over a rolling chassis.
- Turn key model including interior and accessories.

There will also be one option to do an M4S clone, and a Turbo Interceptor clone. There will only be one of these (per model) made. These cars will be as close to the M4S/movie car in every way possible. From the chassis, suspension, all the way to each one housing an engine that was built for that specific car. We have access to one of the twin turbos, as well as one of the VW engines used in one of the movie props.

Below is a link to our fundraising campaign. There are several options available for donations, packages, if you will. These packages may include items for your personal collection. T-shirts, autographed posters, etc. EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS, but the most important thing is to SPREAD THE WORD. Please tell anyone you know who might be interested, and share out links through any social networking sites that you wish. To make this happen, we need the fans to see it! The second link you'll see leads to a new website dedicated to the kit project. Please keep in mind that this is just starting and several changes will be made as we progress.

http://igg.me/p/381092

James has asked me to handle some of the customer relations as he and his team get prepared for this project. If you have any thoughts, questions, concerns, please feel free to e-mail me. I'm happy to help. Thank you!

Wes

Go to Top of Page

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - September 17 2013 :  6:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I applaud your efforts in this. Unfortunately right off the bat you are "Borrowing" money to have the scan done. Not a huge deal but what about after the scan? Now that file needs to be turned into a finished product. New Buck/Molds, Chassis, and eventually a rolling demo car.

Not to mention this car has such a limited market. This coming from a guy who REALLY likes the car and always has. Lets be honest though, its really dated.

I hope you can keep us all up to date on everything because we are all interested in how this turned out.

kitcarguy

535 Posts
Posted - February 25 2014 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What ever happened to this?

www.priceofhistoys.comGo to Top of Page

escaperoute

USA
52 Posts
Posted - March 06 2014 :  09:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What ever happened to this?

www.priceofhistoys.com

The person who wanted to take over the project tried to raise funds for scanning the car. His idea was to make a limited run of kits. If he sold out, and still had demand, he would possibly make more. He did not raise the funds as he had hoped. The plan was to go another route. He was supposed to call me a month ago to talk about new plans i could help him with and he never called. I'm about to consider it dead. Shame, i still get a lot of questions and new e-mail from people asking when they can purchase the kit.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000