"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE • POST AN AD • POST A LINK • COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING • CONTACT US
Classified Ads • Search • Links • Forums •

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM
      


A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 59 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
1929 Mercedes-Benz Gazelle Replica (459 views)
1995 Mustang GT. Convertible (526 views)
Carrera GT Replica Project – Fiero Chassis – Needs (645 views)
82 Cimbriass Gull Wing Kit Car (Unfinished) (528 views)
Lamborghini (1074 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Weight of SS-100 non VW chassis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
 
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
JimIsbell


38 Posts
Posted - March 26 2008 :  1:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I built my ss-100 from a 1981 kit supplied by Antique @ Classic Automotive Inc. It was built "to the book". I have never weighed it but have always assumed that it weighs less than the 1970 VW beetle it was built on since the steel beetle body must weigh more than the fiberglass components that replaced it.

I am planning a conversion to Electric so will be further reducing the weight by removing the engine and fuel tank.

So I need to know what the weight is and I cannot take it to a scale because it is disabled at this time.

Anyone have an estimate of what it should weigh??

   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000