"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 7 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (191 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (234 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (215 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (527 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (348 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Messages
 Windshield
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
n/a

37 Posts
Posted - July 17 2007 :  11:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for a Sterling (former Cimbria) Windshield

Rick

USA
212 Posts
Posted - July 18 2007 :  3:26:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two different animals - which do you need, the Sterling or Cimbria? It really doesn't matter much, though, because only the Sterlings' are available anymore through www.sterlingsportscars.com

Cimbria windscreens are smaller by about a half inch in every dimension, at least the Gen II cars. Gen I windscreens may be the same, but I've never measured them. If you have a Gen II - the Cimbria with the monocoque body - you'll have to do some bodywork to fair the Sterling windscreen it. Pain in the butt, but it can be done.
See www.nationalsterling.org for more info under 'marketplace'.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

fuzz148

USA
38 Posts
Posted - October 17 2011 :  6:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I am the one making the Cimbria windshields. If anyone needs a real Cimbria windshield, please contact me directly at fuzz148@verizon.net. These are safety, laminated windshields, NOT PLEXIGLASS OR LEXON. These will have the exact curvature, cut, and size of the original Cimbria or Cimbria SS windshields. The reason is that the molds are being made from the only known surviving Cimbria windshield that is intact, uncracked, undamaged, and out of a car. Please let me know if you need one. These will be made available in January (or hopefully earlier). But I do not have an exact cost yet because I need to know how many people out there will need them. Obviously the more I order to be built the cheaper they are going to be.

Truly yours,

FuzzGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000