"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE • POST AN AD • POST A LINK • COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING • CONTACT US
Classified Ads • Search • Links • Forums •

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM
      


A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 155 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
1929 Mercedes-Benz Gazelle Replica (505 views)
1995 Mustang GT. Convertible (577 views)
Carrera GT Replica Project – Fiero Chassis – Needs (711 views)
82 Cimbriass Gull Wing Kit Car (Unfinished) (570 views)
Lamborghini (1107 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 
 All Forums
 Factory Five Racing - Unofficial Support Forum
 Discovering freelance work through an online desig
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
 
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Ireneksob

Liberia
0 Posts
Posted - September 29 2026 :  06:04:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decided to test a few methods for displaying design projects online. I started with a big-name portfolio service that felt more like a social network. The outcome was a bunch of empty views and no useful feedback. What became clear is that random collections don't impress experienced viewers.

I found a useful article on exactly this problem at https://dribbble.com/.

After shifting to a more focused approach my portfolio traffic tripled within weeks. Adding context about client goals helped visitors understand the choices I made. What did not work was trying to include everything I had ever made. It felt painful to delete hours of work, but the overall effect was cleaner.

Three friends in the field gave me honest opinions on which pieces held up. Their advice pushed me to include case studies rather than just final images. Acting on their input made my profile seem far more professional overnight.

The final setup shows only eight projects but each one tells a complete story. I stopped chasing fancy effects and focused instead on clarity. My recommendation to anyone starting out is begin with a brutal edit.

AEV High Steer

   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000