"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 77 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (188 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (133 views)
Porsche Gemballa 997 Professional Molds. (219 views)
F355 Ferrari (9589 views)
1952 MG KIT CAR (9551 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 What Is It?
 Cimbria / Bernardi Kit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
McKinstall

37 Posts
Posted - March 21 2005 :  9:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm looking for a kit car under the banner Cimbria or Bernardi. Cimbria was first made in Millwaukee, WI then moved to North Carolina. The Bernardi is from Canada. I would love to hear from owners of either car, or potential sellers. Any info would be great.

Scott

Rick

USA
212 Posts
Posted - March 31 2005 :  5:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Scott -
Our club has the distinction of having one of the few Cimbria's left. Check out www.sterling.completeweb.net
The site's fairly new and still being worked on, but we are actively recruiting members every day!

The Bernardi is a new name to me. Can't say I have ever seen one even advertised.

If you need any other info, feel free to contact me.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

derwin

Canada
51 Posts
Posted - March 31 2005 :  7:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terry has been looking to sell his Birnardi(s).
www.sterlingautoclassics.com
under the cars for stars link.

Go to Top of Page

zinj

USA
38 Posts
Posted - April 19 2005 :  09:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been looking for a Cimbria in decent condition for years. Rick, that link to your new site doesn't seem to work.

Kevin Montgomery

Go to Top of Page

sslyyder

38 Posts
Posted - June 01 2005 :  2:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My grandpa and I have a Cimbria SS. The body is good shape, the only mechanical problems are it is stuck in 1st gear right now (we think it's a linkage problem) and it needs a new voltage regulator.

Go to Top of Page

Rick

USA
212 Posts
Posted - June 23 2005 :  11:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops, sorry about that - the link is http://sterling.completeweb.net
sslyyder- we'd love to have you as part of our club! Currently there are two other members with Cimbrias under restoration.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

bob c

38 Posts
Posted - July 08 2005 :  1:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently pickup a cimbria, it is not an ss, i believe it was made somewhere around 1977. It has the smaller doors, sunroof, and does not have the small airdams in the lower front fenders. I have been on a fact-finding mission for parts and support. if anyone knows of any of the older bodys for sale or know if the nieria shares the same glass and parts. I have had others contact me about finding them a project cimbria for purchase

Go to Top of Page

Denny

USA
38 Posts
Posted - July 09 2005 :  06:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 83 Cimbria SS built by Amore Cars Ltd of Wis ,Its red with gray interior ,Chevy V 6,has 4,030 miles on it.Sold new for 17,300.

Go to Top of Page

bob c

38 Posts
Posted - July 09 2005 :  08:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any chance I can have one of you guys with a cimbria ss or sterling give me a paper template of your winshield and side glass to see if it matches my older body style cimbria?

Go to Top of Page

Rick

USA
212 Posts
Posted - July 10 2005 :  4:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob,
Give me a PM with your address. I'll template my Sterling glass and get it off to you. I'll also put you in touch of a couple of guys that are restoring their Cimbria's for other contacts.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

longeze

USA
38 Posts
Posted - July 23 2005 :  5:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Cimbria for possible sale. It's a vw powered car and not currently in running order. I purchased it about 7 yrs ago. At that time, the engine ran very strong (no smoke or improper sounds) but needed a clutch. I removed the engine and replaced the clutch pack and installed stronger motor mounts. I believe the studs were too long on the new mounts, as once the engine was coupled back to the transaxle, it wouldnt rotate easily. I think the studs or larger nuts are striking the flywheel. I've never had time since to deal with it, but filled the cylinders with oil at that time and covered it. I know that the shifter cable is frozen, and I had removed the pedal assembly to replace it. There is a new starter installed, and the electro-hydraulic door actuators were in working order. There are also nice su gauges in the panel, and an alpine power amplifier which I've never messed with. The carpet will have to be replaced. The body needs to be stripped, prepped and repainted, and most likely the brake wheel cylinders will have to be rebuilt after this amount of time out of service. I believe it is also missing the passenger side glass. If interested email me with any further questions or an offer. Thanks, Marc@wi.net
Go to Top of Page
Bernardi

Canada
37 Posts
Posted - August 19 2005 :  8:16:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi, I used to build the Bernardi, if anyone need some info about it
I,ll be glad to answer.

Go to Top of Page

spyhunter2k

USA
38 Posts
Posted - February 04 2006 :  10:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm replying to an old thread, but I'd love to have copies of some of the promotional pics and info for the Bernardi. I have a Cimbria SS in GA.

Thanks,

Seth

Good cars wear black.Go to Top of Page

BodyGuard70

37 Posts
Posted - March 06 2006 :  03:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

My grandpa and I have a Cimbria SS. The body is good shape, the only mechanical problems are it is stuck in 1st gear right now (we think it's a linkage problem) and it needs a new voltage regulator.

Go to Top of Page

ted

38 Posts
Posted - July 29 2006 :  07:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bernadi - info - wanted

Hi, I used to build the Bernardi, if anyone need some info about it
I,ll be glad to answer.

Hello !
I'm looking for more that 10 year on info on the Bernardi ! ! !
Please get in contact with me.
Mail me at : info@nova-kitcars.com
bye
Ted

Go to Top of Page

sslyyder

38 Posts
Posted - September 04 2006 :  12:12:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grandpa and I are selling the Cimbria for $2500 firm. If you are interested let me know. bp@idahovandals.com

Go to Top of Page

pbodyman

USA
41 Posts
Posted - October 23 2006 :  8:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
try looking under the nereia name they still produce "the neriea" or cimbreia.I just got a 1984 cimbreia 2 and thats who made it.

Go to Top of Page

zinj

USA
38 Posts
Posted - September 28 2007 :  05:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have a 83 Cimbria SS built by Amore Cars Ltd of Wis ,Its red with gray interior ,Chevy V 6,has 4,030 miles on it.Sold new for 17,300.

You wouldn't still have the Cimbria, would you?

Go to Top of Page

CHIEFWOLF

USA
37 Posts
Posted - December 20 2008 :  3:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have a brand new, never used Cimbria/SS Assembly & Service manual, brochure and price list still in original shipping box if anyones interested. I am asking $150

Roy WolfGo to Top of Page

Sergei

54 Posts
Posted - April 10 2010 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have a Nereia or Bernardi info packs?

Go to Top of Page

georgesb

USA
2 Posts
Posted - November 06 2016 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Scott -
Our club has the distinction of having one of the few Cimbria's left. Check out www.sterling.completeweb.net
The site's fairly new and still being worked on, but we are actively recruiting members every day!

The Bernardi is a new name to me. Can't say I have ever seen one even advertised.

If you need any other info, feel free to contact me.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

georgesb

USA
2 Posts
Posted - November 06 2016 :  12:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick if you are still active on this site contact me please
themonk1951@aol.com
i seem to have bought a Cimbria kit car and need some info to put it together and order parts.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000