"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 9 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (195 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (238 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (220 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (537 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (352 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Messages
 Lamborghini Gallardo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
HighTide

41 Posts
Posted - November 10 2003 :  2:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When do you think we'll see a kit for the Gallardo - seems like it would be perfect for a fiero conversion.

Thanks.
HighTide

360Wanna_be

375 Posts
Posted - November 12 2003 :  2:59:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have located the actuall Lambo 3d files for the gallardo. There may be a limited edition type of project underway in the future for this car but most likely to be a turnkey minus type of set up.

www.powerhousesports.netGo to Top of Page

drew355

United Kingdom
70 Posts
Posted - November 13 2003 :  07:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where!!!!! PLEEEAASSEEEE I need those 3d files!

I am part way through carving a gallardo replica using an MR2 as a donor. I'm trying to get it as close to the real thing as the toyota will allow without structurally altering the car (causes all sorts of problems in the u.k.) I have produced my own basic sliced 3d version using pics and a 1:18 model but would love to see just how accurate i could get it & check if areas need modifying.
BTW I know all dimensions are approx 150mm smaller on the mr2 & the roof line is slightly taller but just try getting a side view of the car, use Word to slightly reduce the length & ever so slightly increase the height .....still looks damn good - right?
The screen is taken care of & has the correct proportions to the bonnet unlike the murcielago kits on the fiero.
I would seriously like to see these 3d files, provided they are not just video game quality (ie look good but are not dimensionally correct)as seen in sites such as turbosquid.com as my versions are already better.

Cheers
Drew

Go to Top of Page

360Wanna_be

375 Posts
Posted - November 13 2003 :  10:03:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As i mentioned in a previous post... the files are not cheap. 11,000.00 for the complete set minus engine and transmision.

they are in 3dsmax format i believe.

www.powerhousesports.netGo to Top of Page

Financier

58 Posts
Posted - November 13 2003 :  11:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow saweet man, drew355 can you post some pics when you get the chance? I personally would love to see how that's coming along, good luck to ya!

Go to Top of Page

drew355

United Kingdom
70 Posts
Posted - November 14 2003 :  04:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry 360 I read your earlier post about the files afterwards. I dont think I can justify spending that kind of cash when I am having to make compromises with the shape to get it to fit the mr2 anyway. If I was making it from scratch on a spaceframe chassis then i think i would definetly buy the files & go for an exact copy. Then again if I was going to build from scratch it would be to take on the big boys and exactly replicate the Enzo.
Financier, I know some people tell porkies about imaginary projects and pics are the only real way to get accross that you are serious, but until I have pulled my first set of moulds ie can be sure my replica will be the first to be finished I will not be posting any pics.
Maybe I might post some close ups of key areas just to prove it exists, maybe!
If anyone knows of others doing the gallardo on the fiero or whatever i would be interested to know, if only to make me get a move on & finish the thing first!
I have my eye on a number plate G 14 RDO (we have to stick to particular formats in the uk) I tried to get G414 RDO or G411 RDO but other people in the know bought them up well before I had a chance & they are now worth more than i will be spending on my entire project.

Just a quick one....my mr2 has the T-top. I like the clean lines of the hard top but cant quite decide if I should keep the removable top?
Also i forgot to mention the one major difference between my replica & the real thing is i will be doing what lambo really should have done.......The doors will open vertically. This is mainly because I love the diablo doors, but on a more practical note I dont think i will be able to get pillarless doors to seal using plexiglass side windows.
I have also sourced for around £1k EXACT & I mean exact copies of the 19" gallardo rim, i just dont know if I can get the front wheels to fit under the strut spring on the mr2 the largest i know of fitted to the toyota is 18".

I will try & keep replies shorter next time Honest!

Drew

Go to Top of Page

Jordan TX

USA
85 Posts
Posted - November 14 2003 :  08:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YEAH!!! GO GALLARDO!!
I love these cars! PLEASE PLEASE post some pics ANNYONE who is doing one of these!

JTXGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000