"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 18 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (197 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (240 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (222 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (540 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (355 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Best Diablo Roadster Turnkey?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
maron

USA
50 Posts
Posted - June 17 2003 :  4:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever since I saw a very real-looking Diablo on eBay a few weeks ago, I have been fascinated with Lamborghini replicas. Given the real deal's cost of membership and maintenance, never before would I have found myself realistically considering a vehicle bearing the Lamborghini name. But now that I see that there MAY actually may be a way to lower both costs AND have a reliable, well-built Lamborghini - I have to find out more.

I am doing research now with the hope that it leads to my dream car - a Lambo Diablo Millenium Roadster turnkey that absolutely looks and sounds like the real thing, inside and out, and am willing to pay more for that luxury. The more real in every detail, the better. I would also like a new, reasonably powerful and bullet-proof reliable powertrain. BUT I must be convinced that the end product will be reliable, relatively reasonable to maintain and built to last.

My cursory research to date brings me to two companies - North American Exotic Replicas Company (I like the fact that the end-products look very, very real on my computer screen and that they even make a replica chassis - I don't want a donor rebuild - I want brand new) and Exotic Glass (Their D&R replicas and new roadster looks perfect on-screen, and they also manufacture a custom chassis).

Do you have any thoughts about these companies, their owners, reputations, or any ideas how to best do more research and pursue a higher comfort level with a company, given my criteria? I plan on attending the 2004 Carlisle to start kicking tires, but am eagerly pursuing other good information sources in the meantime about these companies, and others.

Thanks in advance.

Ceririps

Canada
57 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  09:35:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check This Out

www.diablo.newmedialabs.net

http://www.citilink.com/~jch/diablo

Both links lead to the same place I just put them both in case you couldn't get one to work

Go to Top of Page

jeglin

USA
41 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  09:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maron,

Let's chat...I'm in the process of doing the same thing as you.

Jim

jeglin2249@aol.com

Go to Top of Page

Ceririps

Canada
57 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  09:49:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
actually one of the nicest turnkeys i have seen for sale is at

www.citilink.com/~jch/diablo

Another company making nice turnkeys is www.Paul***otics.com

Andh a good website to know but is under construction right now is

www.shelbycustoms.com

Go to Top of Page

n/a

126 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  10:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there is a few companies with nice lamborghini replicars. But the part I dont get is why they sell turn keys for 149k. Its only a replicar. I know the hard work that goes in putting one together but i think if you gonna buy a replicar for 149k, might as well spend another 20k and get the real thing. At least it will hold its value.

Go to Top of Page

maron

USA
50 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  11:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the responses.

I have seen JC's breathtaking Shelby Customs Diablo on the web, and have not considered it given its price. I do agree with Leo in that there is a point in price at which there is sharply diminishing appeal in any Diablo replica no matter how well done. While I have no doubt this replica exceeds the build quality and performance of an authentic Lamborghini - there's just something about having the real deal when the price is that close. I'll take, for example, an authentic $20,000 Rolex President over an $18,000 replica that looks and feels the same, and even keeps better time. Let's face it, there's some stigma associated with "replica" when compared to "authentic" that cannot be separated (for me) from the price/value equation.

When I say I am willing to pay more for a replica if it looks and sounds very real, with exceptional build quality, reliability and durability, I was thinking more like under $80K. But I have no clue as to whether or not this is reasonable given what it is I am looking for, and lack of knowledge when it comes to Diablo replicas. I hope to get a better understanding of what is realistic through additional research. The Shelby Customs Diablo enters the price zone that, if I could afford it, would drive me to seriously consider a pristine example of the real thing.

But...the Shelby Customs Diablo is so convincing and stunning, it does beg to get the following question answered - if they can do THAT for $179,000 - what CAN they do for $80,000? What is I'm willing to sacrifice that incredible 700 horsepower engine for, say, a 300 horsepower V8 GM crate motor? And what if I can forgo the chrome chassis for a strong tube chassis? As "Ceririps" pointed out, their website is under construction currently and singularly offers no help to answer that question.

So Shelby Customs is added to the list of companies to consider, and to find more about. I also have since identified on the web Wild Rides and Luis Yanez as being an award winning company I'd like to know more about. Yanez's roadster that just sold for $58,100 on eBay looks very, very nice.

Jeglin (Jim) - I'll be in touch. Two heads are better than one.

MichaelGo to Top of Page

jeglin

USA
41 Posts
Posted - June 18 2003 :  12:35:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Michael,

I spent some time with JC and his car a few weeks ago at the Carlisle show...While there, I also spoke with two other owners of Diablo replicas.

Also, I have had several conversations with the current owner of the Wild Rides car sold on Ebay...the car is actually located 10 minutes from my house.

I have met the owner of NAERC and we were on the phone yesterday..he is sending me some pricing. I have also been in discussions with the owner of the NAERC Roadster Roadster that has been featured at numerous shows and NAERC corporate literature. He lives about 1/2 an hour from me and we are continuing our conversations.

I have also made plans to look at D&R's shop, visit one of their builders, and look at a recently completed car. I have also been in discussions with the editor of www.kitcar.com.

Lastly, I have a real Diablo and would we willing to share some credible information on the differences between this and a replica...

Jim

Go to Top of Page

360Wanna_be

375 Posts
Posted - June 21 2003 :  10:39:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel free to look at the latest from exotic glass. These guys are magic when it comes to building the diablo. The powerhouse uses them as the builder for the D&R Roadster.

http://www.powerhousesports.net/orangeroadster.htm

www.powerhousesports.netGo to Top of Page

03bill

USA
41 Posts
Posted - June 21 2003 :  11:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys! Read through your discussions and I am with you all the way. I have been building cars and trucks since I was 15 and I have built cobras, mustangs, and early model pickups. I am interested in building one of these and have found several projects that have not been started yet. I am trying to get a business op with IFG right now and I would love to build a few of these. I have my own shop and if you are interested, I would be willing to build you one at cost to get my first one under my belt. Let me know what you think!

Go to Top of Page

sherklein

Argentina
48 Posts
Posted - June 22 2003 :  05:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lambo bulider,
If you are interested in buying Lamborghini´s plans and drawings of complete bodys we can sell them to you. Then, if you want, we can give you the instruction about ¨How to Build The Body¨ as a present.
We got all the plans and drawings of Diablo and Murcielago too.
Those plans are available to work in Auto CAD. We can send you the plans in jpeg format.
For more information visit our web page at www.sherklein.com.ar (we are under construction)or send us an e-mail at webmaster@sherklein.com.ar
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - June 22 2003 :  08:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
sherklein wrote{/b]
Lambo bulider,
If you are interested in buying Lamborghini´s plans and drawings of complete bodys we can sell them to you. Then, if you want, we can give you the instruction about ¨How to Build The Body¨ as a present.
We got all the plans and drawings of Diablo and Murcielago too.
Those plans are available to work in Auto CAD. We can send you the plans in jpeg format.
For more information visit our web page at www.sherklein.com.ar (we are under construction)or send us an e-mail at webmaster@sherklein.com.ar
Thank you

Hey, here's an idea BUY AN AD!!!

Once it's a helpful suggestion.

Twice it's annoying.

Three times it's bordering on harassing the members.

Four times it's time to show you the door. I don't care if your second or third language is english, I don't care how impolite this sounds. Buy ad space or go away.

I know that I read your post the first time you made it. If I wanted the plans then, I would have ordered them then. I'm sure others would probably have done the same.

Now, I don't believe anyone will probably order your plans because you're posting this same thing in threads all over the site.

We read your ad, we got the point. Knock it off now!

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
Posted - June 22 2003 :  11:56:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe he thinks this is ebay, not sure where some of these people come from these days.

www.exoticglass1.comGo to Top of Page

JonB112

67 Posts
Posted - June 30 2003 :  02:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Check out www.IFGonline.com

...1...D&R is nice but haven't seen a completed Roadster yet. I haven't been to their website in a while so maybe i need to check it out again before i end up stuffing my foot in my mouth.

...2...Exotic Glass has a VERY NICE ORANGE Roadster in the works. AS of now, they look like they're going to get some busienss from me in the next year if that ORANGE Roadster build turns out well.

...3...Shelby Customs is HOT, JC's says it all. There is a website where he parks his kit next to an authentic Lambo Diablo and to be honest, his kit looks equally as authentic, even better to me. I think you can go the the NOTES LINK on link www.LamboLounge.com and just browse around. I learn a lot everyday just from reading posts. MEAT definitely is a credible resource on this site.

...4...Composite Racing Products(CRP) made some nice replics but their website has been down for a while. They might have folded, who knows? Luis from "Wild Rides" built one of these CRP Roadsters for this guy named Hector. The exterior is almost perfect. The interior could've used a little work but i'm not taking anything away from the build. He did a great job...

...5...Pauls Exotics makes some nice ones as well. I'm more interested in their custom furniture designs. When i move to Miami next year, I'll be talking business with Paul.

I've seen some nice replicas from different companies listed above but check out IFG's website. They don't have any good Roadster pictures on their site, but check out this particular website for a COMPLETED IFG Phantom Roadster. IFG makes the closest 6.0 VT I've seen thus far as well.
www.LamboBuilder.com
Dale is very detail oriented.
The quality if his Roadster is amazing.

About price, I've seen some very nice quality kits built under $30K. For $80k, you can EASILY get an equivalent of JC's SCE Roadster but even he didn't pay that much. He probably spent between $30-45k MAX, and that's depending on how much outsourcing he had to do. Mark-up is biatch...

LASTLY, I've seen the exact same kits from these companies that people have ruined as well. If the builder knows what he's doing, then it should turn out good. But i've seen kits from most of these companies where amateurs attempted and failed miserably. No one wants to fall into that category. Each of these companies has distinct qualities or features which differentiate the look and styling, you'll just have to check them all out and determine which one is most attractive to you...

Good Luck

ps...You're probabaly getting tired of everyone sending you the names of the same companies. Don't mean to sound redundant, Sorry about that...

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
Posted - June 30 2003 :  09:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from what i've been told shelby will be getting out of the kitcar industry. crp folded well over a year ago. the orange roadster on my site is a d&r kit and they have quite a few builders in different states and also canada. naerc also has a really good roadster. dale at lambobuilder.com has a post on his site that says "major announcement coming in july" you may be supprised at what it is but don't expect it to be anything good for ifg. the ifg 6.0 is more accurate than any of their diablo kits but the glass is very wavy and the fit and finish are far from the quality of the naerc. keep an eye on dale's site, the announcement should come mid july.

shaddoe

113 Posts
Posted - June 30 2003 :  8:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.lambobuilder.com/main.html , well he didn't wait till july, the announcement is on his site. hes also selling his car so if you like it this might be your best chance to get it.

kw2it

USA
58 Posts
Posted - July 02 2003 :  7:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have nothing but bad experiences with the folks at IFG, I have found that they will even hold your check and not cash it if they get someone who is willing to pay more for something.

They might sell you a whole car and be relatively responsive but don't try to buy parts are pieces unless you dont mind waiting an additional 4 months.

You might look at these guys in North Carolina, they have a nice frame that they use for roadsters. www.rksdesign.net

Good luck

Thank you!Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - July 02 2003 :  8:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
kw2it wrote:
I have nothing but bad experiences with the folks at IFG, I have found that they will even hold your check and not cash it if they get someone who is willing to pay more for something.

They might sell you a whole car and be relatively responsive but don't try to buy parts are pieces unless you dont mind waiting an additional 4 months.

You might look at these guys in North Carolina, they have a nice frame that they use for roadsters. www.rksdesign.net

Good luck

Thank you!

Well, I don't know about you, but I have this thing about presenting a professional image to the public - especially if you're selling something. The RKS Design site is absolutely chock full o' error, spelling issues, and raises some questions. The most obvious being: Do they sell their own kits or just D&R Replicas? That's an issue that I have with Team C Racing as well; why go through a third party when you can go through the main company in the first place?

I'm not saying any of that to start an argument, I'm just curious.

As far as IFG goes, they're local to me, and I've never had any problem with them personally. Then again, I've never seen an IFG car drive to the Knott's show either; they're always trailered in.

I do like the new IFG Diablo-in-a-box; it's the closest to a single donor Diablo that I've seen so far.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
Posted - July 03 2003 :  11:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rks design doesn't use the d&r kits anymore and have a new supplier. rks like myself are builders for d&r so if someone ask about turnkeys they would come to us because d&r doesn't do that. roger builds his own website and even though there are missspells doesn't mean he can't build a car.

meat, if you've been around this industry long enough you know about the problems at ifg. its nothing new because i have personal experience with them. they lied about parts they had and even gave me tracking numbers for packages that weren't even mine. it got to the point that ray wouldn't take my calls so i had to get a lawyer, its asshame it had to come to that before they sent me the remaining parts for my kit. this was over a 5 month period after i received the main part of the kit.

if someone is looking for a roadster then ifg should be the most unlikely car to be the choice because of the problems in the body and it has the most things wrong with the body that make it look like a kit and not the real car. everyone should always do as much research about companies they are planning on going with and pay a visit to their shop. without going visit rks design you would never know the setup they have, they have one of the best setups in the industry for building cars, they are located in an old car dealership complex with paint booth, showroom and everything.

if someone wants the most authentic 25th anniv then i would say go with ifg if you want to deal with getting everything on a timely basis but after i went through with them i won't build another one and i also won't work on any ifg car, they were very dishonest to me so thats the end of that story.

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - July 03 2003 :  2:17:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
shaddoe wrote:
rks design doesn't use the d&r kits anymore and have a new supplier. rks like myself are builders for d&r so if someone ask about turnkeys they would come to us because d&r doesn't do that. roger builds his own website and even though there are missspells doesn't mean he can't build a car.

meat, if you've been around this industry long enough you know about the problems at ifg. its nothing new because i have personal experience with them. they lied about parts they had and even gave me tracking numbers for packages that weren't even mine. it got to the point that ray wouldn't take my calls so i had to get a lawyer, its asshame it had to come to that before they sent me the remaining parts for my kit. this was over a 5 month period after i received the main part of the kit.

if someone is looking for a roadster then ifg should be the most unlikely car to be the choice because of the problems in the body and it has the most things wrong with the body that make it look like a kit and not the real car. everyone should always do as much research about companies they are planning on going with and pay a visit to their shop. without going visit rks design you would never know the setup they have, they have one of the best setups in the industry for building cars, they are located in an old car dealership complex with paint booth, showroom and everything.

if someone wants the most authentic 25th anniv then i would say go with ifg if you want to deal with getting everything on a timely basis but after i went through with them i won't build another one and i also won't work on any ifg car, they were very dishonest to me so thats the end of that story.

www.exoticglass1.com

Well, okay. Then who does RKS use as a supplier? I'm curious, because all of the pictures on their site seem to be of the D&R products. If they don't do the D&R products, then I'm curious as to why they'd present them as their products, rather than as cars that they've built?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, I'm just trying to make sure that I understand what it is that RKS does. Or sells. Or offers.

As far as websites go, I stand by what I said before; if you're going to be selling something - especially something as expensive as an exotic replica - then you should present a very professional image. IFG - for all of their faults (either real or imagined) - has a website that isn't quite as professional as it can be, but it doesn't have any spelling errors, or take forever and a day to load because the site is filled with unnecessary Java prompts.

Further, misspellings DO mean you can't build a car. It's all a matter of perception. Most people would rather buy a car from someone who knows what they're talking about and dresses the part, and presents a professional image to potential customers. A customer is going to feel more comfortable with someone like that than with Joe Schmedly, the guy with the oil-and-lunch-stained t-shirt, torn shorts with visible grey underwear, and flip flops. Joe Schmedly may indeed know as much - or more - than the professional-looking salesman, but at the end of the day the professional looking fella is going to get the sale. Every time. Why? Because people want to buy from someone that they feel is either on their same level, or higher. They don't want to buy down.

RKS - as well as anyone else with a web presence - has to remember that the face that THE ENTIRE WORLD sees is that website. That's their salesman. Once they get past the website, then they can talk to Joe out in the back. But if they see a site that even my 11-year-old looks at and says he could 'do a better job' then they are going to perceive that RKS cannot build cars.

On that topic, there are plenty of people out there that can put together a professional website for RKS. There is software that is designed to be mostly idiot-proof and can be purchased or downloaded for FREE from the internet that will allow you and RKS to put together a slick professional website. It's very important - if you advertise - to make sure you put your best foot forward - the RKS website doesn't do that.

Heck, if RKS is a legitimate company, as good as you say it is, and they put out a professional product, then I'd be happy to set up their website FOR FREE; the kit car industry needs to have more and better manufacturers and builders out there. Anything I can do to promote the GOOD parts of the industry I will do. It's my industry, after all.

As far as IFG goes, I've been involved with the kit car industry for about 25 years. I remember when IFG was in Chino and putting out Testarossa replicas. I've purchased parts from them, and even helped a few builders put together some of their kits. I have heard of some problems, and I have heard that some problems corrected. The BIGGEST problem, in my opinion, is the guy who bad mouths the company, but doesn't bother to put up any information anywhere on the internet where people can see it. The squeaky wheel has always gotten the grease. If you have a consumer issue, then you should alert someone to it. I would recommend Curt Scott as he has a larger voice in the community and is perceived as an industry watchdog. If not Curt, then certainly let me know about it. I may not always be able to help (as in the case of Burtis), but I've got a hell of a big mouth, and I'll never pull any punches in making sure everyone knows how I was treated. On every website I can find. Fred Deaker - former salesman at Burtis - no longer posts on some Cobra related websites because of me. I've managed to help quite a few people over the years, and even elicited some changes from manufacturers. Sure, I'll toot my own horn (I did also fight for the SB100 bill, calling, writing and talking to every Assemblyman and Senator in Sacramento to get that bill made into law), and I'll continue to make sure that I am doing everything at every possible turn to make sure that the kit car industry is on the up-and-up.

So, in relation to the IFG part of your post: if you have a problem with a company, let someone know. Post your issue. Let me know. Let Curt Scott know. If you do not do that, and only post "I had a bad experience" with no details about what the problem was, what you had to do to fix it, and what the end result was, then you didn't have a problem; you are the problem.

Let RSK know that if they want help with their site, I'll help them for free. My site is my calling card: www.CobraTrader.com - I can make any site that good...usually better.

Your pal,
Meat.

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
Posted - July 03 2003 :  6:09:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
meat, if you say you've been in the industry for 25 years and don't know who rks is i have to wonder. also there was a discussion on ari's board about curt scott and as i recall you made a statement that was wrong about the video he once sold and showed how much you've kept up with the industry. as for my problems with ifg, i talked to curt and was told i had to jump through ropes and file suit against them before he could do anything, well after i did that ray took care of the problem. part of the agreement was that nothing would be posted but i still had to take it to the next level to get my parts. if you look on my website you'll see the two ifg 25th annivs that i did. back to rks, roger was a builder for d&r and the cars you see there were built by him and he also has around 9 cars being built in his shop but is now using another supplier. i WON'T EVER work on another ifg kit but i still have pics of the cars that i did to show my work. it seems that there are some people that don't mind the miss spelling because he has more work than he can handle. roger uses microsoft frontpage as his software and isn't the cheapest but i also know it has spell check because i use it on my website and i've told roger of errors so that would be something for his customers to take up with him, on that note you would never buy a car from him so i don't think he would care what you think of his site. not looking to start a argument but you need to do a little more research like you say you are always doing. if you've ever been to a carlisle show you would know who rks design is.

icedemon

38 Posts
Posted - July 03 2003 :  8:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is off topic, but
http://www.exoticglass1.com/
and
http://www.rksdesign.net/
need to get rid of those java buttons. Everytime I visit exoticglass1.com it crashes my computer because of those java buttons. rksdesign.net just did the same with the java buttons on that site. I would think that I'm not the only one where those java buttons are crashing the browser or computer. I have Win XP and the newest version of Internet Explorer also.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
992 Posts
Posted - July 03 2003 :  8:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
shaddoe wrote:
meat, if you say you've been in the industry for 25 years and don't know who rks is i have to wonder. also there was a discussion on ari's board about curt scott and as i recall you made a statement that was wrong about the video he once sold and showed how much you've kept up with the industry. as for my problems with ifg, i talked to curt and was told i had to jump through ropes and file suit against them before he could do anything, well after i did that ray took care of the problem. part of the agreement was that nothing would be posted but i still had to take it to the next level to get my parts. if you look on my website you'll see the two ifg 25th annivs that i did. back to rks, roger was a builder for d&r and the cars you see there were built by him and he also has around 9 cars being built in his shop but is now using another supplier. i WON'T EVER work on another ifg kit but i still have pics of the cars that i did to show my work. it seems that there are some people that don't mind the miss spelling because he has more work than he can handle. roger uses microsoft frontpage as his software and isn't the cheapest but i also know it has spell check because i use it on my website and i've told roger of errors so that would be something for his customers to take up with him, on that note you would never buy a car from him so i don't think he would care what you think of his site. not looking to start a argument but you need to do a little more research like you say you are always doing. if you've ever been to a carlisle show you would know who rks design is.

www.exoticglass1.com

Whoa there, big fella. You'd best not be puttin' words in my mouth, because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. It is a common ploy of internet idiots to tell someone what that person said - it's an internetism called "misinterpolation," and it's used to beat down people who are ill-prepared to handle an attack like this. While it may work on others (I've seen you employ this tactic before, and chose not to participate because I didn't at the time find it important. However you chose me as the target this time. To quote the Tick, "Bad move, Neal."), it will not work on me. There are two reasons for this: (1) I know what I said, and (2) I don't change my posts.

So let's get down to brass tacks here...

• I have been involved with the kit car industry for about 25 years. I did not say I've "been in the industry for 25 years," as you seem to think I did. This would be a misquote on your part. You can't make an argument if you do not understand what it is that I wrote. If you choose to make an argument that isn't based on what I've said - but on what you want others to think I've said, then you're going to end up with egg on your face because I will go to ridiculously extreme lengths to prove my points; I do the research, and I'm reasonably good at it.
  • I never at any point said that I do not know who RKS is. Once again, you've misinterpreted what I wrote. This is what we - who know what we're talking about before we open out mouths - would call "a bad thing." The reason that it's a bad thing is because if you make an assumption, then you're probably going to get smacked for it. Consider this your smacking. Read what I wrote before you decide to tell me what you wanted me to say. I am notorious for sticking by my guns when I'm right, and absolutely willing to change my opinion if I'm wrong. In this particular case, I'm not wrong, because you are. Way wrong. Beyond the Cliffs of Insanity wrong. And I'm calling you on it.
  • You've proven that you're recollection is severely impaired - you cannot seem to recall what I wrote in a thread in which you can clearly read what I wrote. Therefore, your 'recollection' about a post that I made on Ari's forum is incorrect. I would like to at this point note that we're less than two sentences into your post, and you've been wrong on three counts - basically everything you've written in that post - and that would be considered strike three. Allow me to clear up what I actually said on Ari's forum: "...I'm confused: What video did Curt Scott ever make? I've read all of his guides, but I have never seen a video he's done. I read what y'all are saying here, but it doesn't sound like you're talking about Curt Scott or kitcar.com...it sounds like you're making it all up. Why you'd do that is unclear to me..." Does that sound familiar? Well, it should. Not only is it what I wrote, but it is also in response to a post you made. Allow me to help you out even further: Curt Scott never made a video. Further, my statement - as I quoted it here - is absolutely not "wrong," as you've put it. You, on the other hand, are wrong.
  • So far, I'm quite confident that your understanding of how much I've 'kept up with the industry' is also completely incorrect. I've kept up quite well, thank you. And - between the two of us and our assessments of my 'keeping up with the industry' (you've been completely wrong with everything you've said so far about me) - I'll go with my opinion over yours any day.
  • As for your problems with IFG and your imaginary conversation with Curt Scott, you're a liar. I do not in any way believe a word you said. I've known Curt for over 20 years, and that's not how he does things. How can I say this? I asked him. Further proof? His website. I will take the word of Curt Scott over yours any day of the week. Why? Because I always go with the best - and most credible - information possible. Oh, and just so you know, I find it interesting that you had "all of these problems" with IFG...and yet you built two cars. Uh huh. Sure. Yep.
  • You also say that RKS has 'more work than it can handle.' Allow me to use my sarcastic keys here and write: "Gee, that's what I want to hear about a company that wants my business. Yep...if I'm going to purchase a car like a Diablo, I want to have it built by someone who has 'more work than it can handle.' Yeah...I'll just bet that I'm going to get my car handled right from a company that can't handle the work it's already got." You do this company a huge disservice with every post you make about them. At this point, I'm going to have to put up a yellow flag on RKS; according to you they have more work than they can handle, they apparently no longer sell the cars they advertise (with pricing) on their site, and they don't care about the image they present to the public...so why should they care what a customer's car looks like.
  • But - on an up note, for RKS - you did say "...roger uses microsoft frontpage as his software and isn't the cheapest but i also know it has spell check because i use it on my website and i've told roger of errors...". I find it interesting that - if you did tell him about the errors, which is of course suspect because everything you've said so far seems to be incorrect - he apparently didn't care about what you had to say. That makes two of us, and I find myself agreeing with Mr. Shelton on this point.

Further, your business savvy is well...not very savvy. If you believe that the only people who should offer opinions are 'customers,' then you're not going to be in business very long. Before people are customers, they aren't. I know, that's a difficult concept to grasp for someone who doesn't seem to have the rudimentary comprehension skills God gave a cockroach, but you'd best try.

And I strongly disagree with you in that you say you're not trying to start an argument; you clearly are or you wouldn't have used the misinterpolation attack, misrepresented yourself, attacked RKS, and jumped to radically wrong conclusions. Maybe that was a feeble attempt at sarcasm. Here's a hint: if you don't know how to use the tool, you'd best leave the work to the experts. Since you haven't even mastered how to read and understand yet, you'd best stay away from advanced concepts like sarcasm. They only make you look more foolish...even though I didn't think that was possible.

Your pal,
    Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
    992 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  8:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    icedemon wrote:
    This is off topic, but
    http://www.exoticglass1.com/
    and
    http://www.rksdesign.net/
    need to get rid of those java buttons. Everytime I visit exoticglass1.com it crashes my computer because of those java buttons. rksdesign.net just did the same with the java buttons on that site. I would think that I'm not the only one where those java buttons are crashing the browser or computer. I have Win XP and the newest version of Internet Explorer also.

Apparently - if one is to believe anything shaddoe wrote - both sites use Microsoft FrontPage, which in my opinion isn't a great program. It doesn't interact well with other programs and it makes the page too ponderous for people with less-than-DSL quality connections. You can lose customers.

I use Dreamweaver, and really like most of the things it does. It makes the pages small, compact, and linking is easy.

I also use Mozilla, Microsoft Exploder, and Opera to check the sites. Mozilla I really like because it allows you to use multiple tabs (rather than different instances of MSE) to open up sites and links. Plus is has a prety cool built-in junk mail tool in the mail portion of the program. Opera also offers multi-tabbing, but I've been having crashes with the newer version.

I did offer to help RKS with their site. Maybe he'll take me up on the offer, maybe not.

Your pal,
    Meat.

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  10:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    25 years and have nothing to show for it! what have you done besides throw your fat ass around like you know something! i know you didn't talk to curt because i've talked to him quite a few times and he remembers the conversations we've had. to the video, i have it in my hands right now and if you have older magazines you'll find that in the same ad for the book is the video. before you try to convince people you know what you're talking about you need to get the facts right, if anyone on this site would call curt and ask him about the problems with ifg he would tell them about all the emails and calls he gets about them. so lets see, i'm a liar about everything? maybe you could call alan at euroworks, maybe jason at kitcarmagazine.com, maybe rick at d&r, hell you could even call curt if you really know who he is. al these people know who i am and what type of work that i do. lets go further, call dale from lambobuilder.com, luis from wildrides, ron from lambolounge or even mr roger shelton at rks and ask them about what i know about the industry. so who should we call? wait isn't this a question about lamborghini kits? what do you know about them? show us what you've built! don't come with your lame ass excuse of why someone should believe you and not me! go try and pass your fake ass off on someone else because you know dog snot about the kitcar industry.

shaddoe

113 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  10:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    and as for the ifg 25th anniv cars that i built, i guess you think i never reall built them but magically put the two cars in from of my shop. since the facts show that i did build them i guess i'm making up the problems that i've had with them. yes i did build two, one was even my personal car and the only reason was because of the look of the car and not the quality of the kit and the problems that i had were on the second which was the customer car which put my build time in the trash. and how the hell could you know if curt scott ever talked to me if you don't even know my name? stupid!

shaddoe

113 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  10:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    this is what the video says
    DISCOVER THE WORLD OF KIT CARS
    THE VIDEO COMPLEMENT TO "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SPECIALTY CARS"
    side of the video has CROWN PUBLISHING COMPANY INC.
    LOTS OF STUFF ON THE BACK SO I'LL PUT THE IMPORTANT STUFF
    EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: ;D CURT SCOTT
    WRITTEN BY: ;D CURT SCOTT
    also says "for more information on other books or videos contac: CROWN PUBLISHING COMPANY, INC.
    P.O. BOX 1337, DEPT.KB, SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA 91386-(805)251-2223
    when i get to my shop tomorrow i'll dig up the old kitcar magazines and post the issues which have the ad, well i'll post a few because ALL the older magazines had the ad.

hey, copy right was 1993, thats well within your 25(so called) year experience in the industry!

meat

USA
    992 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  11:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    shaddoe wrote:
    25 years and have nothing to show for it! what have you done besides throw your fat ass around like you know something! i know you didn't talk to curt because i've talked to him quite a few times and he remembers the conversations we've had. to the video, i have it in my hands right now and if you have older magazines you'll find that in the same ad for the book is the video. before you try to convince people you know what you're talking about you need to get the facts right, if anyone on this site would call curt and ask him about the problems with ifg he would tell them about all the emails and calls he gets about them. so lets see, i'm a liar about everything? maybe you could call alan at euroworks, maybe jason at kitcarmagazine.com, maybe rick at d&r, hell you could even call curt if you really know who he is. al these people know who i am and what type of work that i do. lets go further, call dale from lambobuilder.com, luis from wildrides, ron from lambolounge or even mr roger shelton at rks and ask them about what i know about the industry. so who should we call? wait isn't this a question about lamborghini kits? what do you know about them? show us what you've built! don't come with your lame ass excuse of why someone should believe you and not me! go try and pass your fake ass off on someone else because you know dog snot about the kitcar industry.

www.exoticglass1.com

and...
    quote:
    shaddoe wrote:[/b]
    and as for the ifg 25th anniv cars that i built, i guess you think i never reall built them but magically put the two cars in from of my shop. since the facts show that i did build them i guess i'm making up the problems that i've had with them. yes i did build two, one was even my personal car and the only reason was because of the look of the car and not the quality of the kit and the problems that i had were on the second which was the customer car which put my build time in the trash. and how the hell could you know if curt scott ever talked to me if you don't even know my name? stupid!

www.exoticglass1.com

Gee...two responses. Didn't see that coming.

Here's the thing, before I get started: You're welcome to attack me all you want to. In the end, whatever you say is only a bad reflection on you; I don't care about you, I only care about the cars and the kit car industry. When you attack me, and sign your post with your website address, you only drive another nail into the coffin that may have once been your little kit carbuilding business. You're a new guy. You haven't been around the block, and you do not know what you're talking about. In a few more years, you'll be gone from the kit car scene. In twenty five more years I will still be involved with the industry, cataloging, writing, helping other builders and potential customers and chronicling the history of this imaginative little cottage industry. You won't even be a footnote.

Whenever you attack someone - like me in this example - your post gets seen by people. People that may be looking for someone to build them a replica. When they see how you act and react, they'll look elsewhere for someone who can act in a professional manner. They don't want some crabby old yahoo that has to call people names because his arguments are so ineffectual as to be completely laughable. If you have something to say, then say it. Saying that people you have never met or seen have "fat asses" doesn't make you seem in any way like the pseudointellectual you seem to want to fancy yourself to be. And a guy focusing on my ass tells me only one thing about that guy; he wants me. I don't think that that's the image you want to portray; you seem to want to be the big self-important guy who "knows it all." So check the ass watching at the door next time you make a post. I'm just trying to help you out.

Now, as to your post(s):

• I have plenty to show for my years involved with the kit car industry. And, unlike you, I have instant name recognition as someone who knows what they're talking about, and who is willing to help others in any way that I can. If that involves helping with a build, helping pass a law, helping register a car, helping locate centers for wheels, helping find a kit or anything else, I have - and will continue to - be there for others. So, you're wrong. Again.

• Again with the fishing expeditions. You do not know that whether or not I talked to Curt. You're guessing. And, once again, you're not operating with a full deck. I'm looking at the caller ID on my phone, and it appears that the last time I talked with Curt was at 3:57 two days ago. It doesn't matter how many times you claim to have talked with him, technology doesn't lie. You do, but that's another story.

• I will reiterate that Curt Scott didn't ever make a video. I'll go even further and say that Curt Scott doesn't advertise in the magazines, nor has he advertised in the magazines for years and years and years. Further, I do not believe that at the time you wrote the post you had the video in your hands. It would be virtually impossible to type holding a video in your hands. Here's the thing: I know something you are not aware of regarding the video. I keep waiting for you to be a man, step up and correct yourself, but either you're unwilling to do that, or you just can't make the connection. Heck, you haven't even posted the name of the video yet...

• You asked if you're a liar about everything...that wasn't a very bright thing to do, especially when I so clearly have pointed out a number of failings in your posts. The worst thing you can do - and you keep doing it - is to keep on with this silly little fishing expedition. I understand that you're dense. You've proven it. Move on.

• I also see no need to ask anyone about what you know about the kit car industry. You know nothing. If you were as smart as you want others to believe you are, then you wouldn't have purchased two IFG cars in the first place. Duh.

• As far as building a Lamborghini kit, I have never built one. Lamborghini doesn't make kits. I have helped with a few Countach replicas, and I do have a very nice Diablo body now. But neither of those things makes me an expert on Lamborghini replicas.

• A common misconception among entry-level, wanna-be builders, is that they know the kit car industry because they've built a kit or two (my personal favorites are the FFR guys who have never built anything but an FFR...you're a close second, but with a different kit). Building a kit doesn't mean you know anything about the kit car industry. Getting a few back-ordered parts doesn't make you a kit car industry leader. None of that matters. The kit car industry is nothing more than a bunch of in-fighting little factions who can never get along because they're too caught up in their little worlds. Understanding the kit car industry isn't something someone like you will ever do.

• No, the question wasn't about Lamborghini kits, the question was Do you have any thoughts about these companies, their owners, reputations, or any ideas how to best do more research and pursue a higher comfort level with a company, given my criteria? The answer to this question is multifaceted, but a quick answer to that question would be to not ask you, and run fast, run far from anyone that would ever suggest using you as a builder. You're far too petty, childish and immature to be given the task of building someone's dream car. Further, you obviously are not detail oriented, nor do you understand things very well. With that kind of background - and obvious track record of your posts here - you're not a force to be reckoned with in the kit car industry, you're a dofus to be avoided like the plague. It's people like you that give the kit car industry a bad name.

• The facts do not show that you built any cars. You're saying that you built two cars. You're saying that the cars on your website are your cars. You're saying the shop these cars are in front of are yours. Why should I believe any of that? I look at this picture - from your website:

and then I look at this picture - from the RKS website:
      www.rksdesign.net/new_rks_web_1166.jpg" border=0>
      and, by Gumby, the building in back of both of those cars appears to be exactly the same car. Huh. Isn't that peculiar. Two builder websites showing the same building in the back of two different cars. Wonder who really built either car...maybe it wasn't either of the people on the builder websites. Who knows? Seems to me that someone who is so intesely and painfully defensive - such as yourself - may have something to hide.

• Who ever said I didn't know your name? I certainly didn't. I know your name.

Better luck with the next fishing expedition. You're only alienating more of your potential customer base...oh, but that's right; you said it doesn't matter what someone who's not your customer thinks.

Well, maron - the person who started this thread - isn't your customer, but asked a question about you. You never answered him, but you did attack me. Nice move. Keep up the good work. With your current business ethic you can easily get a job in the housekeeping industry.

Your pal,
    Meat.

Go to Top of Page

meat

USA
    992 Posts
    Posted - July 03 2003 :  11:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    shaddoe wrote:
    this is what the video says
    DISCOVER THE WORLD OF KIT CARS
    THE VIDEO COMPLEMENT TO "THE COMPLETE GUIDE TO SPECIALTY CARS"
    side of the video has CROWN PUBLISHING COMPANY INC.
    LOTS OF STUFF ON THE BACK SO I'LL PUT THE IMPORTANT STUFF
    EXECUTIVE PRODUCER: ;D CURT SCOTT
    WRITTEN BY: ;D CURT SCOTT
    also says "for more information on other books or videos contac: CROWN PUBLISHING COMPANY, INC.
    P.O. BOX 1337, DEPT.KB, SANTA CLARITA, CALIFORNIA 91386-(805)251-2223
    when i get to my shop tomorrow i'll dig up the old kitcar magazines and post the issues which have the ad, well i'll post a few because ALL the older magazines had the ad.

hey, copy right was 1993, thats well within your 25(so called) year experience in the industry!

www.exoticglass1.com

I'll reiterate what I said: Curt Scott never made a video. What part of that did you not understand? What part of that do you not get? What part of that statement eludes you? How can I make that statement any clearer so that you can understand it?

With all of your knowledge of the kit car industry, where is the failure in your comprehension coming from?

Your pal,
    Meat.

Go to Top of Page

shaddoe

113 Posts
    Posted - July 04 2003 :  12:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    http://heldmotorsports.com/FieroClublinks.html
    http://www.rksdesign.net/roberts_30th_from_la.htm
    http://www.kitcarmagazine.com
    http://www.lambobuilder.com/other/shaddoe/
    just a few examples. if you knew how to read you would have seen on the rks site states that the blue car was built by myself. the name of the video is "DISCOVER THE WORLD OF KIT CARS" as i have stated already, call curt and ask him about it! now, start your **** about the cars i've built and this discussion won't be a little game of internet chat! where are the cars that you've worked on? you've worked on the countach kit before? which kit? call alan at euroworks, its it was a countach kit worth talking about it must have come from him. i've never heard your name before this site which you've seem to think that a few hundred post makes you an expert but doesn't. i'm still waiting for you to post some of this work you've done, where is it? did you even read the things that are on this video? i guess i'm lieing about it also. i'll send the video to ron fletcher on lambolounge and have him post pics of the cover and whats on the video. so what happens after that? you change the subject from what you were wrong about to you still know more about the kitcar industry than me?

shaddoe

113 Posts
    Posted - July 04 2003 :  12:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    http://www.lambolounge.com/Building_Notes/Completed-Diablos/Robert/RobertProulx/index.asp
    http://jason.kitcarmagazine.com/Current_Progress/Exterior/doors.asp
    http://www.euroworksltd.com/turnkeydealers.htm
    http://www.kitcardreams.com/turnkey.html
    http://www.lambolounge.com/Chassis/Fiero-chassis/Chassis-Fiero/Chassis-Fiero.asp
    http://www.lambolounge.com/Chassis/Fiero-chassis/Stretching/Robert/Stretching-Robert.asp
    http://www.kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetails.asp?classified_id=2803
    yes, i can hold the video when i type because i type with one finger on one hand. are you saying that the info i posted in not true? the words on the back saying executive producer: CURT SCOTT and written by: CURT SCOTT is something i made up? now, the thing that really pissed me off. you start talking about my company and the cars i build and believe me you'll need more than the guns you talk about sticking to. my work has been posted many places on the net and i still can't even find a mention of your name. entry level wanna be builders? i'm still waiting to see pics of things you've done! i posted quite a few links of my work! what have you done except run your mouth about stuff you've never done. hello? what do you have to show for the hot air you've been blowing? i guess i hacked into all these people's sites and posted this info about myself? i'll post more links about my work if this isn't enough!

meat

USA
    992 Posts
    Posted - July 04 2003 :  12:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    shaddoe wrote:
    http://heldmotorsports.com/FieroClublinks.html
    http://www.rksdesign.net/roberts_30th_from_la.htm
    http://www.kitcarmagazine.com
    http://www.lambobuilder.com/other/shaddoe/
    just a few examples. if you knew how to read you would have seen on the rks site states that the blue car was built by myself. the name of the video is "DISCOVER THE WORLD OF KIT CARS" as i have stated already, call curt and ask him about it! now, start your **** about the cars i've built and this discussion won't be a little game of internet chat! where are the cars that you've worked on? you've worked on the countach kit before? which kit? call alan at euroworks, its it was a countach kit worth talking about it must have come from him. i've never heard your name before this site which you've seem to think that a few hundred post makes you an expert but doesn't. i'm still waiting for you to post some of this work you've done, where is it? did you even read the things that are on this video? i guess i'm lieing about it also. i'll send the video to ron fletcher on lambolounge and have him post pics of the cover and whats on the video. so what happens after that? you change the subject from what you were wrong about to you still know more about the kitcar industry than me?

www.exoticglass1.com

Sigh.

• What the heck are you talking about? A few examples of what?
    • Unlike you I do know how to read, and there is nothing around that picture that says anything about you or RSK building the car.
    • I'm not starting anything about the cars you say you've built. I flat out do not believe you, nor would I ever recommend you to anyone. After your diatribes here, I am pretty sure no one reading them wants to be anywhere near your shop. You're gettin' more and more wacky as time goes on.
    • And the only person calling me an expert here is you. I never said I was an expert. You keep wanting to say that you are, but with everything I read from you I am more and more convinced that you're nowhere near an expert. Idiot savant...maybe but that would be a real, REAL stretch. I really do not believe - at this point - that you have even a vague inkling of anything having to do with the kit car industry, other than the few cars you say you've made.
    • You've never once asked for me to post anything about any of the replicas or kits that I've been involved with, so your "still waiting" is going to "still wait." Unlike you, I have nothing to prove. You're poor widdle ego is all bruised up so you're lashing out. Once again, I'm going to reiterate: I don't care what you think. You're just another blow-hard who will eventually go away. You've been exposed, weighed, measured and been found wanting. You are summarily dismissed.
    • I have not changed the subject once here. I'm only responding to you. And I'm only responding to you because I want to see just how much of an idiot you want to make of yourself. At this point, you're a science experiment.

Oh, and based on everything I've read: yes, I do know more - WAY more about kit cars than you do now or ever will know. That still doesn't make me an expert, that makes me a level-headed thinking individual who listens far more than he talks (and, judging from the length of my posts, that's saying something). Too bad you don't share those qualities; you don't learn by talking.

Your pal,
    Meat.
    Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
      1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000