"" aLink="red" vLink="red" background="/base/images/misc/background-001.gif" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

KitCars.com
KIT CARS FOR SALE POST AN AD POST A LINK COMMERCIAL ADVERTISINGCONTACT US
Classified AdsSearchLinksForums

PLEASE VISIT OUR SPONSORS BELOW! - THEY ALL SUPPORT KITCARS.COM

A 90 day ad on KitCars.com costs only $1 and there are 18 users on site right now, click here to sell your car
Last Five Ads Posted
Alloy-bodied Bugatti Type 37 replica (329 views)
355 replica interior for Fiero (266 views)
1976 Blakely Bearcat Fiberglass Kit car (260 views) +
Ferrari koenig competition in and out body molds (568 views) +
1939 Bugatti Custom replica (390 views)
read more kit car ads...
KitCars.com Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 General Messages
 Dodge Viper srt10 acr build(newbie alert;))

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: Bold Italicized Underline Centered Insert Hyperlink Insert Email Insert Image Insert Code Insert Quote Insert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Mode:
Check here to include your profile signature.
This Is CAPTCHA Image

T O P I C     R E V I E W
Soulblighter116 Hello all,

I am an 18 year old in Southern Oregon, and I have been wanting to get into the world of exotics for a good while, until i found out about kit cars. Now I have come up with a car i want to build, the iconic Dodge Viper srt10 ACR(the sreet legal version) I picked this car because 1, It is one of Americas finest muscle cars(in my opinion) and it looks like a aggressive looking car, which i like. Now all i need is your help to get started, because i have absolutely NO CLUE as to the entire process, the only thing i know about it is that you take a car you want to trans form, and you replace the exterior and if preferred, the interior. What i am asking is just the step by step process on this, What car chassis to use or is smart financially and for the model, where i can find the body kit for it, that sort of thing, just the basics to the process, and of course, without breaking my bank. Thanks for all your help and support. Hopefully i can make this dream a reality.

jspbtown Some good reading:
http://www.carkitinc.com/carkit2.php?id=11
and
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/general-kitcar-chat/11395-has-anyone-built-corvette-viper-kit.html

Looks like the consensus is that the Corvette to Viper kits don't look right and will likely cost more to build than a used Viper.

You need to consider the cost of the donor, the kit, the body and paint work (likely $8k-$10k alone), plus interior, plus wheels & tires. You are way, way into the upper $20's at that point. And that is just for a basic conversion and assuming your donor doesn't need a boat load of work.

And in the end you have a car that doesn't quite look like the car you like.

Soulblighter116 Thanks for the advice and quick response,

I actually am not looking for the speed to be honest, is there any other chassis that the viper is compatible with? I saw someone make one on a toyota mr2 donor or something similar, and i thought that there was a chassis that would be cheaper to put a viper on. I am just saying that i don't want a car that will take off on me, just something that looks nice and and is accurate. Also, I thought that since that car is built by you, it would be an easy fix if something happened to it(to an extent, meaning no hope if its major damage or totaled, DUH. ;D) would that be the case?

KitCars.com Forums

Aardvark Solutions

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000