Sterling Kit Car
Own this exotic hand-built fiberglass kit car... LOOK LIKE A ROCK STAR, AND FEEL LIKE MARIO ANDRETTI!
I built my Sterling Kit Car in 1977 while living in northern California. I rebuilt and upgraded the 1970 VW chassis, installed a rebuilt 1972 Super Beetle engine. The car currently has 35,212 miles on it. Most of the miles were put on the car in Northern California, from 1977 to 1984. Due to a company relocation, I moved to southern California in 1984 to 1994. In Orange County, I added only a few more miles on the car. I moved to Upstate NY in 1994, due to another company relocation. After arriving in Upstate NY, I drove the car only once in my neighborhood to make sure everything was ok from the move (the car was shipped in a moving van). I never re-registered the car with NY State, so the car has been in my garage since 1994.
* Purchased the Chassis and Engine in 4-6-1977
- Chassis is a 1970 with 4 wheel independent suspension
- Installed Sterling drop-pan kit to floor board for extra head room
- Fiberglassed and pop riveted the entire floor pan for additional rigidity
- Rebuilt brakes and new brake lines
- Installed heavy duty stabilizer bar in front suspension
- Installed 4-way adjustable equalizer shocks
- Installed 4 speed manual transmission
- Installed Rebuilt 1972 Super Beetle 1600 cc engine with Dual Port
- Installed Custom exhaust system to fit the body
* Purchased the Sterling Car kit from California Component Cars, Inc. in 8-27-1977. The car is number 564.
Stewart Warner gauges mounted in the dash.
- Speedometer (0-160 mph)
- Tachometer (0-7,000 rpm)
- Oil pressure
- Oil temperature
* Other gauges
- Compass (under dash)
- Altimeter (back window deck)
- AM/FM Stereo with built-in CB radio with 4 speakers.
Sports Car, Race Car, Convertible, White, Collectable, Nova GT, Original owner
ad posted: 10/25/2008 10:58:18 AM
This ad has been viewed: 10782 times